PDA

View Full Version : Zappa Plays Zappa

R_of_G
May 22nd, 2007, 04:16 PM
I have noticed that there are many other Frank fans around here, so I thought I'd ask if anyone else has had the chance to see either of Dweezil's Zappa Plays Zappa tours, or hear any shows from them. Had the chance to see them in Orlando last fall, and I was quite pleased to hear Frank's music played by a band he'd definitely have enjoyed, and led by his kid, who is an amazing guitar player in his own right. Is there any point in saying Vai brought the house down, because it's exactly what I expected him to do. Man did he ever deliver. I will never look at my whammy bar the same way again now that I know it can do that!

Tone2TheBone
May 22nd, 2007, 09:53 PM
I have not seen this tour but I would have loved to. Frank was a genius as is Dweezil (and Steve). Not only did Frank just slay on the guitar and with his music composition but he was damn funny which I totally enjoyed and still do. Did any of the other members of Frank's original band play as well?

..."some people like cupcakes better....but I for one care less for them..." - Muffin Man

Spudman
May 22nd, 2007, 10:36 PM
This will blow yer mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDwRJK8bpb4

Just shows the caliber of musician that worked with Frank...as if we didn't know.

Or for you guitarists.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6cplMM3d_Q

R_of_G
May 23rd, 2007, 06:33 AM
I have not seen this tour but I would have loved to. Frank was a genius as is Dweezil (and Steve). Not only did Frank just slay on the guitar and with his music composition but he was damn funny which I totally enjoyed and still do. Did any of the other members of Frank's original band play as well?

..."some people like cupcakes better....but I for one care less for them..."

Yes, Terry Bozzio played for about four songs and then again for the encore, and Napoleon Murphy Brock is in the band full time.

Big_Rob
May 23rd, 2007, 07:23 AM
And jus think, there was a time where Zappa pwned Via on guitar.

I wanted to go and see the show but I couldnt. :(

Tone2TheBone
May 23rd, 2007, 08:31 AM
Yes, Terry Bozzio played for about four songs and then again for the encore, and Napoleon Murphy Brock is in the band full time.

Now Terry Bozzio sounds familiar. Didn't he drum with.....(goes for a quick wiki search)....

Tone2TheBone
May 23rd, 2007, 08:32 AM
Missing Persons! That's it. Ex-wife Dale was hot too sssssss.

Big_Rob
May 23rd, 2007, 09:12 AM
Missing persons had 3 members from Zappa band

Terry Bozzio
Warren Cucarullo
Patrick O'Hearn

R_of_G
May 23rd, 2007, 10:54 AM
Missing persons had 3 members from Zappa band

Terry Bozzio
Warren Cucarullo
Patrick O'Hearn

Let's not forget Cucarullo's stint in Duran Duran.:cool:

I can;t hear his name without hearing it in the context of "Catholic Girls"

Warren Cucarullo... Kinda young, kinda wild:R

Spudman
May 23rd, 2007, 09:09 PM
Missing Persons! That's it. Ex-wife Dale was hot too sssssss.

One of my friends was opening for Missing Persons and during sound check he said Terry and Dale had a screaming match that filled the auditorium. One good reason that Deep Purple never had a girl in the band.;)

Tone2TheBone
May 24th, 2007, 08:58 AM
One of my friends was opening for Missing Persons and during sound check he said Terry and Dale had a screaming match that filled the auditorium. One good reason that Deep Purple never had a girl in the band.;)

This must be the reason for their divorce. :D