PDA

View Full Version : Glendale saddles for my Tele, WOW!

abraxas
May 24th, 2007, 06:43 AM
I have recently installed a set of Glendale saddles on my homemade Telecaster.

In case you haven't heard about them, this is the site:

http://www.glendaleguitars.com/saddles.htm

(no affiliation whatsoever with them)

I installed the "Twang Cutting Edge set", which substitutes a aluminum E/A saddle for brass. I also got an extra steel E/A saddle but haven't tested that yet.

This guitar already had compensated saddles, and had quite precise intonation. In this regard I gained very little.

But as far as build quality an TONE are concerned!! Wow!

The difference was clearly audible, both unglugged and through the amp. Harmonics flourished, attack was improved, sustain was better than ever! I never suspected such a small "mod" would make for such an improvement!

My Tele was already a quite fine guitar, but with this mod (and another one I'll write about shortly), clearly acquired Custom Shop/High End caliber. This may seem like a bold statement, but I'm now ready to compare this instrument to anything of this kind you'd like. ;)

Those saddles also give the impression of a high precision mechanism. Smooth, very well finished. The screws also have the correct height, so as not to dig into your picking hand (even with my very low action).

I would gladly reccoment those saddles for everyone looking to improve the sound or his/her Telecaster. I have also heard good things about Callaham and Barden saddles. I would definitely choose this mod vs a pickup swap on a Tele, it makes much more sense. :D

tremoloman
May 24th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Great review! Saddles make a huge difference in sound for sure. Any chance if hearing yours in action?

abraxas
May 24th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Great review! Saddles make a huge difference in sound for sure. Any chance if hearing yours in action?

:D

I have already posted a clip with my Tele, when it had the older saddles, I shall post the first clip I record with the new ones too. ;)

fendermojoman
May 25th, 2007, 09:14 AM
I've been using the "Twang" set on my telecaster for over a year now. What a difference they made over the stock saddles. He makes good stuff and he likes to talk with his customers. :cool: