PDA

View Full Version : Hot Rod Deluxe

als_lespaul
May 25th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I'm seriously considering buying one of these. Does anyone have any experience with them? How well do they take pedals for overdrive/distortion?

duhvoodooman
May 25th, 2007, 03:22 PM
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=3274

als_lespaul
May 25th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks!

tot_Ou_tard
May 25th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Hesitatingly positive reviews here.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HRDeluxe/reviews/#anchor

sesroh
June 1st, 2007, 12:13 PM
I definately prefer the hot rod deluxe over the blues deluxe. I've played a few of them and find you can get a variety of different and more modern tones with the hot rod version(don't forget about those classic tones too!). If you like the pretty tweed then that's a plus for you. For me, I prefer the black tolex. overall, they're both excellent amps, but I think the hot rodded one has a little bit more going for it in terms of versatility.

Spudman
June 1st, 2007, 02:16 PM
Both Duff and I own them. If you have any pointed questions feel free to ask.

Lev
June 2nd, 2007, 03:49 AM
I'm seriously considering buying one of these. Does anyone have any experience with them? How well do they take pedals for overdrive/distortion?

I have one too, I only use the clean channel and it sounds great with every pedal I put in front of it. You really can't go wrong with a HRDx.

als_lespaul
June 2nd, 2007, 07:50 AM
Thanks guys, this is exactly the type of information that I'm seeking.

als_lespaul
June 2nd, 2007, 07:52 AM
Both Duff and I own them. If you have any pointed questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Spudman. How well does the hot rod deluxe handle the Tonebone? That's one of the other pedals I've been eyeing.

Spudman
June 2nd, 2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks, Spudman. How well does the hot rod deluxe handle the Tonebone? That's one of the other pedals I've been eyeing.

Since I've gotten the Tonebone I haven't used it with the HRDX. I can't imagine it would sound anything but awesome. Everything else does.

sesroh
June 2nd, 2007, 11:29 AM
yeah these amps take pedals very well. I've noticed that most people prefer to use overdrive pedals than use the overdrive channels on these.

Spudman
June 2nd, 2007, 05:14 PM
yeah these amps take pedals very well. I've noticed that most people prefer to use overdrive pedals than use the overdrive channels on these.

That's for sure. However, there is a couple of simple mods that you can do to the HRDX to make the drive channels more usable. Those can be found around the web because so many people have this amph. Google is your friend.

333maxwell
June 12th, 2007, 02:51 PM

I've used the Hot Rod Deville 2X12 for a few years now..

I love it very much.

Very 'Twin' like and real sturdy.

A very serious amp, for a decent price.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=676362