PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

gtrwrks
May 27th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Hi. My name is Todd Lynch and I live in the Oklahoma City, Ok (USA) area. I've been a pro player for 25 or 26 yrs and now (later in life) am playing part time (weekends mostly). I attended college (music) for a while, but have no degree. I do club/festival/etc work (Pop, C&W, Jazz, Blues, etc) as well as occasional recording dates and also do a Praise/Worship gig each Sunday.

I worked for 15 years as a guitar tech in music stores and continue to work in that vein to some extent. As well as repair work on all sorts of stringed instruments, I've been building gtr/bass pedals for the last few years.

I play Strats mostly, but also have/play a Tele that I love. My main Strat is an '83 MIJ Fender '62 RI (3 color 'burst w/RW 'board); the Tele I play is a Fender MIM 60's Classic in Oly Wht with RW fingerboard. Generally, I dig the 'vintage' vibe in a working instrument.

My pedalboard is by TM Cases and my signal chain is:

Strat/Tele > custom Ross Compressor clone > mid-70's Jen (Italian) CryBaby wah > 19 Sixty 3 clean boost > Xotic AC Booster > Xotic BB Preamp > crappy Dano chorus in true bypass loop > 80's Ibanez DL10 Delay > highly customized Crate VFX5212 (Mercury Mag OT, JJ 6L6s, JJ 5751 in V1, JJ 12AT7 in V2, Reverend All Tone 12" spkrs. I use the clean ch only on this amp; the digi FX are bypassed.

I love good tone. I like to talk/read about good tone. I realize that good tone exists in many venues outside of what I use/have experience with.

Thanks to you Robert for having us here.

Todd/gtrwrks

warren0728
May 27th, 2007, 07:08 PM
welcome todd....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

oldguy
May 27th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Welcome!
Glad you joined us, sounds like you have some great gear.
FWIW, you're in good company here, including do-it-yourself pedal builders.:D :D

ted s
May 27th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Welcome Todd, looking forward to your posts.

Robert
May 27th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Hey Todd, nice intro! Glad to have you here.

You guys remember I talked about this fine boost pedal called 19 Sixty 3? Well, Todd is the man behind it. That pedal makes my day every day (well those I'm playing when I'm playing, at least)! It's a staple of my tone now.

Tone2TheBone
May 27th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Welcome Todd and thanks for your input on my question on the "plate" thread.

sunvalleylaw
May 27th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome!

tot_Ou_tard
May 28th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Welcome Todd!

It's very nice to have someone with your background here.

duhvoodooman
May 28th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Wow, cool to have you here, Todd! As a real pro, hope you won't mind having us amateurs ask you questions! Nice gear list, too! :DR

Spudman
May 28th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Hi Todd.
Great to have you here. Aren't you in Flaming Lips territory?

R_of_G
May 28th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Welcome to The Fret Todd. I too am a tone-junkie. Looking foward to talking music with you.:cool:

SuperSwede
May 28th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Welcome Todd!

gtrwrks
May 28th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome(s), everyone. I found The Fret through Robert and his site - I don't know how I found Dolphin Street, just cruising the 'net for gtr stuff, I guess.

Yes - OKC is Lips territory (at least from way back).

Brian Krashpad
June 30th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Welcome Todd. I used to do the church gig too but recently changed churches and probably won't pick that up again unless they really need me, which I don't see happening.

Good group here.