PDA

View Full Version : My Fender Deluxe Players Strat

Robert
May 29th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Man, it sounds good! I played today at lunch with the ZYS, and boy it was good tone!

I haven't played guitar for like a week or something, and today I had trouble going back to work, it was so addictive.

I should probably never get rid of this guitar. It sounds awesome and there is no noise. My Hellhound and the ZYS may have something to do with it too - 2 fantastic ingredients to Good Tone!

Anyway, just felt like telling ya'll about it! :p

Tone2TheBone
May 29th, 2007, 02:10 PM
It's a good guitar Rob hold on to it.

duhvoodooman
May 29th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Er, not to correct our esteemed Head Moderator & Imperial Grand Forum Poobah, but that's a ZYS, not a YZS! I have this on good authority.... ;) :D

It's funny, but I had exactly that same feeling this morning after having had a chance to play quite a bit over the long holiday weekend! I ended up bringing my Strat to work today and playing it during the lunch hour, sans amplification, of course!

Robert
May 29th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Sorry, DVM - fixed now... (silly me)

duhvoodooman
May 29th, 2007, 02:43 PM
No problemo! And thanks for your complimentary comments about the ZYS's tonal benefits! :D

als_lespaul
May 29th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Man, it sounds good! I played today at lunch with the ZYS, and boy it was good tone!

I haven't played guitar for like a week or something, and today I had trouble going back to work, it was so addictive.

I should probably never get rid of this guitar. It sounds awesome and there is no noise. My Hellhound and the ZYS may have something to do with it too - 2 fantastic ingredients to Good Tone!

Anyway, just felt like telling ya'll about it! :p

There you go again....fueling my GAS!!! Congrats on achieving great tone!:R

Iago
June 6th, 2007, 03:53 PM
The day warren and me went on the "Guitar Quest" (hahaha sounds like 10 years ago already...) I played one exactly like yours, and let me say, it was the BEST strat I played 'till today! I'm sure you're more than happy with it Rob.

Tone2TheBone
June 6th, 2007, 04:01 PM
The day warren and me went on the "Guitar Quest" (hahaha sounds like 10 years ago already...) I played one exactly like yours, and let me say, it was the BEST strat I played 'till today! I'm sure you're more than happy with it Rib.

The other day I tried the link to those pictures you guys took of that day over at Warren's website but nothing came up. :confused:

I think Robert looks cool playing that guitar too. It suits him. That blue body is killer in real life too.

Iago
June 6th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Oh really? I have some of them that I can send to you Tone. The rest must be in Warren's vault, I hope so!

Tone2TheBone
June 6th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Oh really? I have some of them that I can send to you Tone. The rest must be in Warren's vault, I hope so!

Yeah that would be cool to see. That's classic early Fret history stuff man!

Brian Krashpad
June 7th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Er, not to correct our esteemed Head Moderator & Imperial Grand Forum Poobah, but that's a ZYS, not a YZS! I have this on good authority.... ;) :D

Anybody wanna clue me on what that stands for? :confused:

An amp? Pedal? Home stereo?

:D

duhvoodooman
June 7th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Anybody wanna clue me on what that stands for? :confused:

An amp? Pedal? Home stereo?
ZYS stands for Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, and it's a highly souped up "clone" of the Ibanez TS-808 pedal. You can read more in these posts:

How it started.... (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=2230)

Customer feedback (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=3021)

Purchase info (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=3197)
If you're interested, I happen to be putting together a parts order for the next batch of pedals I'll be starting soon. Will probably be doing that this weekend. In addition to the top-of-the-line ZYS ($199), I also offer several other cheaper models, per that last link. The more features & flexibility, the higher the price, unsurprisingly....

Brian Krashpad
June 7th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the info.

I'm flat as a floogie though. :(

If anything I should be buying, not selling.

duhvoodooman
June 7th, 2007, 10:32 AM
If anything I should be buying, not selling.
Assume you meant visa-versa of what you said!?

Brian Krashpad
June 7th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Assume you meant visa-versa of what you said!?

D'oh!

Yeah. sorry.