PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Carribean - At World's End

Tone2TheBone
May 29th, 2007, 02:36 PM
.....it was too long.

:mad:

Noisy, too many things going on, difficult to understand what was going on. Not recommendable. Just sayin'.

PS - And Keef wasn't Keef if ya know what I mean. He could have saved this awful movie but didn't!

Spudman
May 29th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Sorry to hear. I hope you at least enjoyed taking a break and having a good sit.

Check out the current issue of Rolling Stone. They have some movie picks that sound good and are alternative to all the "me too" movie spin-off garbage out this summer.

warren0728
May 29th, 2007, 04:52 PM
i'll wait for it to come out on dvd...i'm not a big "going to the movies" fan anyway....

ww

Spudman
May 29th, 2007, 09:45 PM
I forgot to mention "Pan's Labyrinth."
Now out on DVD - is pretty captivating and heart stirring. Somewhat gory and in Spanish with Engrish subtitles. Easy movie to follow and has a powerful impact. Don't worry about the language thing one bit. It's really not an issue. Great movie.

Tone2TheBone
May 29th, 2007, 10:42 PM
From now on I'm watching all my movies at home Warren. :) Thanks for the great tip Spudster. Pan's Labyrinth sounds much better than what I sat through miserably for 3 hours.

Spudman
May 29th, 2007, 11:23 PM
I like it much better at home too.:)

If anyone kicks the back of my chair I can just throw them down the basement steps. Man I've wanted to do that a lot after spending major $ to take the gang to the big screen...and they don't serve beer either. For what they charge to see a movie these days there should be a more Hooters like atmosphere or something.:rolleyes:

Mrs. Spud knows not to ask to see any movies at the big screen now because I don't like the atmosphere, except an occasional motorcycle ride to Yellowstone Park to the IMAX. That's pretty fun and nobody messes with you when your leathers are covered in bugs.

Tone2TheBone
May 30th, 2007, 08:56 AM
I like it much better at home too.:)

If anyone kicks the back of my chair I can just throw them down the basement steps. Man I've wanted to do that a lot after spending major $ to take the gang to the big screen...and they don't serve beer either. For what they charge to see a movie these days there should be a more Hooters like atmosphere or something.:rolleyes:

Mrs. Spud knows not to ask to see any movies at the big screen now because I don't like the atmosphere, except an occasional motorcycle ride to Yellowstone Park to the IMAX. That's pretty fun and nobody messes with you when your leathers are covered in bugs.

IMAX IS! Fills up your eyes!

I totally agree with you in that they ought to have a bar available at the movies. Of course could you imagine how MUCH they'd charge for the beer if they charge $5 for a Coke?

Mark
May 30th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Last time I went to a movie theatre Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster were on the Marquee:eek: :cool: :eek:

sunvalleylaw
May 30th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Ok, I'll be the counterweight. Though we don't do it often, I like the movie theater. I like the whole ritual of it and seeing something with others. Kind of like a concert. I pick and choose what I go see there though. Has to be big screen worthy. Epics mostly like Braveheart, LOTR, Saving Private Ryan, etc. Part of my preference comes from family history. My grandfather owned all the theatres and drive-ins on the Kitsap Peninsula in the first 40 years or so of the era. My grandmother played organ in the theatre at night, and then in the Methodist church on Sunday morning. My Dad and his twin brother were runners, and handled popcorn, etc. My grandfather sold out in the 60s when movies changed. He preferred MGM era stuff.

sunvalleylaw
May 30th, 2007, 09:48 AM
I totally agree with you in that they ought to have a bar available at the movies.

The Ketchum theatres and the Sun Valley Opera house do! I get to see movies free during ski season at the opera house, and they sell Foster's Lager in the big can there. LOL!

Tone2TheBone
May 30th, 2007, 09:55 AM
The Ketchum theatres and the Sun Valley Opera house do! I get to see movies free during ski season at the opera house, and they sell Foster's Lager in the big can there. LOL!

Hell yeah buddy that's what I'm talkin' about! Hey forgot to mention to you that our GIS chairman mentioned trying to get our conference there in Sun Valley. That would be awesome.

Spudman
May 30th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Ok, I'll be the counterweight. Though we don't do it often, I like the movie theater.

Ya, but you live in a place where people know how to be considerate. Not somewhere where parents let day-cares and strangers raise their kids. Try a flick in any other spud state theater. After a couple of times you'll want to stay home more often too.

But GAWD I love that big screen!

warren0728
May 30th, 2007, 10:03 AM
I like the whole ritual of it and seeing something with others.
that's exactly why i don't like to go...it would be different if everyome behaved themselves and didn't talk....rustle candy paper....chomp on popcorn....have cell phones go of, etc.

I can't concentrate on the movie with all the rudeness around me :mad:

ww

Tone2TheBone
May 30th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Being around a BUNCH of people like that makes me nervous anyway.

Spudman
May 31st, 2007, 09:55 AM
Got your solution Tone.
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/13140

Tone2TheBone
May 31st, 2007, 10:22 AM
Got your solution Tone.
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/13140

Hey interesting solution there Steve. I have a home theater pretty much with the wide screen HDTV and the surround. That's all we do at home is watch movies I can't stand regular television. Trouble is I've seen all 1000 of our movies so many times I need a break from them. Concert videos never get old though.