PDA

View Full Version : new user

sesroh
May 29th, 2007, 09:45 PM
hey guys what's up. thought id say hey. basically just signed up here. really like the seperate parts of the forum for fender and gibson talk. anyone else here from ontario?

250Keith
May 29th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Hello, you came to a great place.:D

sesroh
May 29th, 2007, 09:55 PM
seems like it. any thread where we share pictures of our set-ups?

Tone2TheBone
May 29th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Welcome to the Fret sesroh.

sesroh
May 29th, 2007, 11:36 PM
thanks! nice avatar. i have a strat similar

Spudman
May 29th, 2007, 11:41 PM
seems like it. any thread where we share pictures of our set-ups?

Thanks for saying hi sesroh.

There are some northerners here from Sask and Alberta. I'm not sure about Ontario. If you search the forum we have a "where are you from" thread that you can get yourself located with.

Just look around a bit and you'll find the appropriate places to put photos.

Nice Fender stuff you have too. Pretty.

duhvoodooman
May 30th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Welcome, sesroh! I assume from your ID that you must have an interest in horses, as well as guitars?

Yes, there are other members here from Ontario, so maybe a couple will stop by & say "Howdy!"

ted s
May 30th, 2007, 05:03 AM
Howdy sesroh ! Present and accounted for from Burlington here.

tot_Ou_tard
May 30th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Welcome sesroh. I'd say go ahead & post your photos in this thread....we can't wait to drool. ;)

warren0728
May 30th, 2007, 06:43 AM
welcome sesroh....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Robert
May 30th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Welcome Ontarian! I am an Albertan myself.

Looking forward to seeing some photos from ya!

sesroh
May 30th, 2007, 01:53 PM
:rolleyes: yeah my login is horses backwards. mainly because of the last band i was in. nice to see some canadians on here too. I'm turning 19 this summer. how old are you guys? the main stuff im liking right now is vintage fender amps and RI guitars(who can afford an authentic 60s fender guitar:confused: ). anybody else here into orange and matamp?

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/j_charles67/01010107.jpg

warren0728
May 30th, 2007, 02:28 PM
'm turning 19 this summer. how old are you guys?
i have plaid shorts older than you! :eek: :p |_/\_|

ww

sunvalleylaw
May 30th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Welcome Sesroh! Love the look of your stuff. That guitar you are selling is tempting, esp. after Tone's recent purchase.

Tone2TheBone
May 30th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Welcome Sesroh! Love the look of your stuff. That guitar you are selling is tempting, esp. after Tone's recent purchase.

Come on buddy you KNOW you want one. Give in to the temptation......give in..... :DR

warren0728
May 30th, 2007, 03:03 PM
anybody else here into orange and matamp?
i've been eying the orange tiny terror...

ww

ted s
May 30th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Might not have plaid shorts older, but there's gotta be a t-shirt around here that will pass.

sesroh
May 30th, 2007, 04:08 PM
i've been eying the orange tiny terror...

ww

they're great. i used to have one. not much of a loud clean amp though. when it's loud it's very over driven but sounds great.

warren0728
May 30th, 2007, 04:27 PM
i'm strictly a home player so i'm looking for something that sounds good at low volume but with a saturated tube sound....figured i'd crank the gain and keep the volume low....

ww

ted s
May 30th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Nice gear sesroh !

t_ross33
May 30th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Welcome aboard Sesroh. I'm a Canuck from Skatch, slightly older than 19, but younger than some of the ol' birds on this here board :D

I lived in Ontari-ari-o for about 9 yrs ('88 thru '97). Went to a few parties up at "Moo U" in Guelph :cool: My brother-in-law is in Hillsburg, near Erin. Almost in your neck of the woods.

Nice gear. Looking forward to chatting with you.

Trev

sesroh
May 30th, 2007, 11:04 PM
yeah hillsburg is pretty near. if you're considering a tiny terror, think about the cabinet too. they're loud as hell out of a 2X12 abnd 4X12 in my experience. Havn't heard one through a 1X12

tot_Ou_tard
May 31st, 2007, 05:43 AM
?sesroH dnab dlo ruoy fo (oediv ro oidua) spilc yna evah uoy oD

Spudman
May 31st, 2007, 09:00 AM
?seroH dnab dlo ruoy fo (oediv ro oidua) spilc yna evah uoy oD

tOt
Almost every post of yours brings a smile to my face. Thanks.:)

tot_Ou_tard
May 31st, 2007, 07:05 PM
tOt
Almost every post of yours brings a smile to my face. Thanks.:)

That's my job....go & almost entertain Spud was I told, yes I was. ;):D

sesroh
May 31st, 2007, 07:52 PM
aha sorry have no sound clips. used to but not on here. I'm in the process of starting another group so wish me luck.

duhvoodooman
May 31st, 2007, 08:44 PM
Well, good luck, absolutely! :DR

BTW, did you ever mention which model Orange amp that is?

sesroh
May 31st, 2007, 09:16 PM
the orange is a 2X12 cabinet. I used to have a tiny terror that I used with it. before that i was using one of those marshall avt50H's. orange amps are great, but they are one trick ponys.

oldguy
June 1st, 2007, 04:22 AM
Welcome to TheFret, sesroh. Nice Fenders.:D
What type speaker/s is that Orange cab loaded with? What ohm load is it?
Just curious...

duhvoodooman
June 1st, 2007, 05:09 AM
the orange is a 2X12 cabinet. I used to have a tiny terror that I used with it. before that i was using one of those marshall avt50H's. orange amps are great, but they are one trick ponys.
Aha! OK, I couldn't tell with that towel sitting on top--thought it might be one of their 2x12 amp models. Now I see in that newer photo that it's a cab. My bad!

tot_Ou_tard
June 1st, 2007, 06:12 AM
aha sorry have no sound clips. used to but not on here. I'm in the process of starting another group so wish me luck.

That's OK.

Good luck! What type of music are you going to play?

sesroh
June 1st, 2007, 12:08 PM
the cab is loaded with vintage 30s and is 16 ohms. excellent cabinets. I definately recommend one or the 4X12 version although they are very heavy.

ahah yeah i had the towel on top because i had the super reverb on top of that before and if you know orange, the tolex doesn't take casters or plastic feet very well. it gets dirty and loves absorbing black scuffs.

as for music I play, I'm very much into indie stuff and obviously love some classic stuff. I've always been very into the late 60s psychedelia stuff, but for the past few years I've been loving british, canadian and american indie bands.

t_ross33
June 1st, 2007, 12:19 PM
...but for the past few years I've been loving british, canadian and american indie bands.

Here's a few local indie favorites from Skatch for ya to try out:

The Wheat Monkeys (http://www.wheatmonkeys.com)

Ricasso (http://ricasso.ca/)

Wyatt (http://www.wyattmusic.com/)

sesroh
June 1st, 2007, 01:06 PM
nice thanks.. recently I've been into a toronto band called the meligrove band. they're excellent. they're supposedly the first canadian band to be signed by V2.

tot_Ou_tard
June 1st, 2007, 07:21 PM
If we're talking Canucks, has anyone heard Moxy Fruvous? Their live album is a family favorite. It is always played on road trips.

...he used to be the King of Spain! :D

t_ross33
June 1st, 2007, 09:24 PM
Oh yeah, Moxy Fruvous was a staple on Toronto's CFNY "The Edge 102" in the mid-late 90's. Fun stuff. More recently Jian Gohmeshi (http://www.jian.ca) has developed a certain amount of fame and notoriety as an arts/entertainment brodcaster for CBC radio and television. Not sure if Moxy is still together and/or touring or not.

Lotsa cool stuff going on here North of the border at any rate.

Brian Krashpad
June 30th, 2007, 12:16 PM
:rolleyes: yeah my login is horses backwards. mainly because of the last band i was in. nice to see some canadians on here too. I'm turning 19 this summer. how old are you guys? the main stuff im liking right now is vintage fender amps and RI guitars(who can afford an authentic 60s fender guitar:confused: ). anybody else here into orange and matamp?

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/j_charles67/01010107.jpg

Holy cow, I wish I had gear that nice when I was 19!

Of course that was back in the stone age. I was lucky to have my stick with strings tied to it.

I'll be 50 next year!

Welcome!

warren0728
June 30th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Holy cow, I wish I had gear that nice when I was 19!
heck i wish i had that gear now...and i'll be 45 in july! :eek:

ww

Brian Krashpad
July 1st, 2007, 05:20 AM
heck i wish i had that gear now...and i'll be 45 in july! :eek:

ww

Now Warren, with that lovely spearmint LP Special you're doin fine.

And as a fellow Predator owner, I can see you know value as well!

tot_Ou_tard
July 1st, 2007, 05:47 AM
Oh yeah, Moxy Fruvous was a staple on Toronto's CFNY "The Edge 102" in the mid-late 90's. Fun stuff. More recently Jian Gohmeshi (http://www.jian.ca) has developed a certain amount of fame and notoriety as an arts/entertainment brodcaster for CBC radio and television. Not sure if Moxy is still together and/or touring or not.

Lotsa cool stuff going on here North of the border at any rate.
I missed your post of Canuck bands. I'll go take a listen. Thanks!

Algonquin
September 8th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Good morning Sesroh.

Another 'Ontario' member here, just east of T.O. in Durham Region.

Regards,

Algonquin

Tim
September 8th, 2007, 04:11 PM
i have plaid shorts older than you! :eek: :p |_/\_|

ww

OK Pops ... leave the young pups alone with the age thing!

Tim
September 8th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Welcome aboard Sesroh. Watch out for the old timers. They get a little out of control every once and awhile. Pancake man means no harm. He is all dough and no syrup.