PDA

View Full Version : Minor Plexi

Robert
May 29th, 2007, 10:53 PM
I felt like recording something with my new strat, so I fired up that minor blues that Stingx jammed over recently and recorded this.

Minor Plexi (http://www.box.net/shared/static/lxh84v7dz6.mp3)

I used my Line 6 Toneport UX1 with the software Gearbox, on the 1968 Marshall Plexi Jump Lead amp model. No after processing done. Only effect I used was a bit of reverb in Gearbox.

Messed up a bit here and there but it's only rock'n roll! :DR (even though it sounds like a minor blues :) )

Spudman
May 29th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Very nice. You have a great ability go somewhere pleasant to the ear but slightly unpredictable. Sweet!

BTW - how did you do that one lick?;)

ET335
May 29th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Great job!! very well done...the Strat sounds wonderful Robert and of course so does the Artist playing it,I really love to hear you play!I have been considering getting the same Strat,but was waiting to hear yours and your review on that model.Thanks for the Demo,you have made up my mind,More G.A.S. LoL!
Again Great playing as usual.:DR

SuperSwede
May 30th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Nice track Robert! Your strat sounds great :)

duhvoodooman
May 30th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Sweet playing, and that new Strat is a freakin' tone machine!! http://thefret.net/images/icons/icon14.gif

Robert
May 30th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Thank you! It's a good guitar and not really that expensive either.

The Toneport is a great tool for late night recording. I dig that Plexi tone.

jpfeifer
May 30th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Robert,

Really nice playing. I really like some of those lines you're playing, nice chromatic stuff. Very well done. I also like the mixture of the Jazz lines with the bluesy stuff. Cool!

-- Jim

Robert
May 30th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Thank you Jim! I appreciate you guys taking the time to listen to it.

ted s
May 30th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Greg Koch would say Robert has his Fender Tone Stick Deluxe !

Leonidas
May 30th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Wow Robert, that Strat is just super impressive! Oh, and so is your playing! Sounds really really great. Seriously. :)

sunvalleylaw
May 30th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Really great Robert! That guitar sounds awesome and a step above (if not more than one step) your others. Nice playing also! Fun to hear a different side to you and different application of your considerable skill.

Spudman
May 30th, 2007, 09:53 AM
I gave this a go too.
I couldn't find where else to put it. If it's not OK here lets move it.
I have to apologize that I'm not thinking too clearly as I'm still dealing with West Nile Virus, but Robert you really inspired me.:)

This is one time through after I figured out the beginning melody. The rest is on the fly. Done with the Music123 Epiphone Birdseye Special Les Paul and the Vamp Pro on a plexi setting and some room reverb from Cubase.

http://www.box.net/shared/x4jo9h5vm0

This is the first time that I've had enough strength to hold a guitar or mental clarity long enough to do this in a week. :(

SuperSwede
May 30th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Sounds good Spud (as always)!
Sounds like a nasty virus! Treat it with Ardbeg© and it´ll go away faster.

Ardbeg© is a registrated trademark by the Ardbeg Co.

duhvoodooman
May 30th, 2007, 10:51 AM
This is the first time that I've had enough strength to hold a guitar or mental clarity long enough to do this in a week.
Sorry to hear about the West Nile thing! I can see where that would sap your stregth. However, the "mental clarity" issue would seem to be an ongoing problem, based on my observations here at TheFret! :eek: ;)

Seriously, hope you're fully recovered el pronto, and I look forward to listening to your clip when I get home where they don't have site blocking software!! :mad:

aeolian
May 30th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Both of those are great piece of music, Robert and Spudman. I've listened to each one several times already.

Spudman
May 30th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Sorry to hear about the West Nile thing! I can see where that would sap your stregth. However, the "mental clarity" issue would seem to be an ongoing problem, based on my observations here at TheFret! :eek: ;)

Ohhhhhh! That was a really good one, and totally deserved. I bow graciously to your clever wit.:) However, the condition makes that problem much worse than previously evidenced.

duhvoodooman
May 30th, 2007, 11:13 AM
I should really curb my wisecracking on such matters. The old "people who live in glass houses" thing, you know!! :D

BTW, do you know how you picked up WNV? Mosquito bite? Eat an infected chicken? Bitten by an escaped laboratory monkey? Inquiring minds want to know....

jpfeifer
May 30th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Spudman,

That was a great solo too! The Les Paul sounds great, nice tone. Does that guitar have P90 pickups or humbuckers? Nice build of the solo too. Great playing!

-- Jim

Spudman
May 30th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Jim
That Epi LP comes with stock chrome covered pickups. I don't know the output of them yet. Don't really care though cause they sound good to me. It's just your basic Chinese made Epi LP Standard.

Voo
I got it while helping Marilyn Manson prepare for his upcoming tour to support the new album. It was an after hours crew party and we were just hanging out sipping glasses of blood. Of course I never asked where it came from and just assumed it was quality, but I think it must have been home-brew or imported Appalachian. Needless to say several days later I'm dripping sweat and freezing at the same time while I'm standing in line waiting to collect my unemployment check. At first I thought it was just the usual curse and would go away as soon as I got another job, but it wasn't to be.

Good thing is...if I survive it I will have an immunity to it for the future.

Mosquito.

Robert
May 30th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Sweet tone and playing, Spud! You sound great, sick or not.

sunvalleylaw
May 30th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Jim
That Epi LP comes with stock chrome covered pickups. I don't know the output of them yet. Don't really care though cause they sound good to me. It's just your basic Chinese made Epi LP Standard.

Voo
I got it while helping Marilyn Manson prepare for his upcoming tour to support the new album. It was an after hours crew party and we were just hanging out sipping glasses of blood. Of course I never asked where it came from and just assumed it was quality, but I think it must have been home-brew or imported Appalachian. Needless to say several days later I'm dripping sweat and freezing at the same time while I'm standing in line waiting to collect my unemployment check. At first I thought it was just the usual curse and would go away as soon as I got another job, but it wasn't to be.

Good thing is...if I survive it I will have an immunity to it for the future.

Mosquito.

You goofball! LOL! Loved your take as well dude! Your playing on this one reminded me a little of feel of the playing on the LatinBlueSpud track I still have and play. Great work! Since you like that Epi so much, you can let me have the other one right? :p ;) :rolleyes:

Spudman
May 30th, 2007, 03:25 PM
You goofball! LOL! Since you like that Epi so much, you can let me have the other one right? :p ;) :rolleyes:

Sure thing buddy. I was going to give it to Tone but since you asked first I guess it's yours.:rolleyes:

ted s
May 30th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Hey, Spuds has plenty of axxes, how about it ? everyone get in line quick before there all gone !.. I think I hear an ice cream truck ?!, no, it's Spuds..

Spudman
May 30th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Hey, Spuds has plenty of axxes, how about it ? everyone get in line quick before there all gone !.. I think I hear an ice cream truck ?!, no, it's Spuds..

No problem...though yours will still cost you 30% more.:D

Spudman
May 30th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Sounds like a nasty virus! Treat it with Ardbeg© and it´ll go away faster.

Ardbeg© is a registered trademark by the Ardbeg Co.

Ardbeg eh? Well that sounds like some very good medicinal advice. How many doses do you think?:rolleyes:

abraxas
May 31st, 2007, 01:39 AM
Congrats to you both! I listened to the tracks yesterday evening and enjoyed them very much!
:DR

tot_Ou_tard
May 31st, 2007, 05:55 AM
Great work Robert & Spud!!

I've been dosing myself with Ardbeg either as a West Nile prophylactic or in a misguided anti-voodoo sympathetic we-are-all-one attempt to cure Spud.
I forgot which after the fourth dose (or was it the entire fifth? I dunno.)

SuperSwede
May 31st, 2007, 01:51 PM
Ardbeg eh? Well that sounds like some very good medicinal advice. How many doses do you think?:rolleyes:

As many as possible!

I tried some phrases over that track too, and some of the phrases turned out quite nice. This is very unpolished tho, so sensitive ears should take preventive measures (such as a modest dose of Ardbeg (Ardbeg is a trademark of Ardbeg Co.)). It was made possible thanks to my two ice cold friends Carlsberg and a healthy portion of swedish snus tobacco. Thank You.

http://www.box.net/shared/rizmq82c2x

Spudman
May 31st, 2007, 02:00 PM
Very nice Swedie.

Was that the Schecter through your Tone Lab?
Whatever guitar you used sure has a lot of personality.

SuperSwede
May 31st, 2007, 02:03 PM
Very nice Swedie.

Was that the Schecter through your Tone Lab?
Whatever guitar you used sure has a lot of personality.

Actually its the Schecter through the PodXT (Blackface Lux with some RAT for the dirty parts). I sold my Tonelab.

Robert
May 31st, 2007, 02:12 PM
Cool, SS! :) That lead tone was nice and mean!

SuperSwede
May 31st, 2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks Robert! I dont know if you can use it but I posted a thread with the a screenshot from Line6edit.

oldguy
June 1st, 2007, 04:58 AM
Wow, I've missed this somehow...gone too much I guess.
Great playing, everyone! All of your takes sounded great. I listened to them back to back, it reminded me of a show where each player "steps up" and takes a solo, like a nice long jam. Good to hear ya'll jamming!:R

Sorry about the WN virus, Spud, I didn't know you had it. Your playing sounds great despite you being sick. I hope you make a speedy recovery.

tot_Ou_tard
June 1st, 2007, 06:21 AM
Fantastic playing as usual SS. Which pup are you using?

SuperSwede
June 1st, 2007, 09:25 AM
This one, but dont tell anyone. It plays like a dream.

http://www.poster.net/kimberlin-keith/kimberlin-keith-golden-retriever-sad-puppy-5001238.jpg

Schecter neck pickup (tapped), and the bridge pickup (tapped) for the DS stuff.

aeolian
June 1st, 2007, 10:17 AM
Super Sweet version from SuperSwede!

sunvalleylaw
June 1st, 2007, 10:35 AM
Wow, I've missed this somehow...gone too much I guess.
Great playing, everyone! All of your takes sounded great. I listened to them back to back, it reminded me of a show where each player "steps up" and takes a solo, like a nice long jam. Good to hear ya'll jamming!:R

Sorry about the WN virus, Spud, I didn't know you had it. Your playing sounds great despite you being sick. I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Yeah, great playing all! You all have unique approaches, and I am starting to be able to recognize you from your playing. Pretty cool!

Steffe1973
March 22nd, 2008, 01:04 AM
Absolutely awsome Robert, great tone and with som jazzy feel!

Great sounding guitar, you´re the maestro man!

Steffe1973
March 22nd, 2008, 04:54 AM
Where can I find the backing track for this nice tune?

Steffe

Blaze
March 22nd, 2008, 06:47 AM
Oh well , i told you this guy can play ..Nice tone , nice phrasin ..

Bravo Robert

Blazes:bravo: