PDA

View Full Version : Seeing this makes me long for old Van Halen

Big_Rob
May 31st, 2007, 10:46 AM
This was at the 2007 NAMM and all I can say is, Eddie can still rawk!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sIr-WBZT1MI

Tone2TheBone
May 31st, 2007, 11:20 AM
Man he was waaasted at NAMM. That amp sounds good though.

WackyT
May 31st, 2007, 11:31 AM
Have always loved Eddie's playing and style! He was definitely a defining factor in the late 70's and 80's rock!

SuperSwede
May 31st, 2007, 01:36 PM
Man he was waaasted at NAMM. That amp sounds good though.

This video is rather sad really... show it to your kids and tell them about the danger of drugs. He might be the greatest guitar thing since the invention of the pickup, but he should really get a endorsement deal with Betty Ford instead of Fender.

Tone2TheBone
May 31st, 2007, 02:03 PM
This video is rather sad really... show it to your kids and tell them about the danger of drugs. He might be the greatest guitar thing since the invention of the pickup, but he should really get a endorsement deal with Betty Ford instead of Fender.

I gotta say I understand the enthusiasm that Big_Rob displayed in posting this. I don't want anything to discredit that.

As far as Betty Ford goes I've been wasted-speech slurring drunk on my arse much like Eddie was at the very end of this video here...but only after a New Years Eve binge, not in front of a huge crowd of people! I can't imagine being up in front of my fans or anyone else while under the influence like that. :( But HEY it's Rock N Roll right! :DR

In defense of Edward there was a night here in town back in the late 70s when Mr. Roth was just as hammered and couldn't remember the words to some of the songs. Eddie was good enough to run up to him...hold him up...while he sang the words to him so he'd remember.

SuperSwede
May 31st, 2007, 02:11 PM
I gotta say I understand the enthusiasm that Big_Rob displayed in posting this. I don't want anything to discredit that.

As far as Betty Ford goes I've been wasted-speech slurring drunk on my arse much like Eddie was at the very end of this video here...but only after a New Years Eve binge, not in front of a huge crowd of people! I can't imagine being up in front of my fans or anyone else while under the influence like that. :( But HEY it's Rock N Roll right! :DR

In defense of Edward there was a night here in town back in the late 70s when Mr. Roth was just as hammered and couldn't remember the words to some of the songs. Eddie was good enough to run up to him...hold him up...while he sang the words to him so he'd remember.

I see your point Tone, but its not only Rock´n´Roll in my opinion. He is one of the most respected and known guitarists today, and I think that he should stand up and be a role model for future guitarists instead of promoting drugs/alcohol as a way to success. I dont care what he does at home, but coming so loaded to Namm shows a lot about his current mental status. I've been wasted-speech slurring drunk on my arse too, and it wasnt so long ago but I sure wouldn´t want to be in that state on a stage or in public. Just my 2cents.

Tone2TheBone
May 31st, 2007, 02:17 PM
I see your point Tone, but its not only Rock´n´Roll in my opinion. He is one of the most respected and known guitarists today, and I think that he should stand up and be a role model for future guitarists instead of promoting drugs/alcohol as a way to success. I dont care what he does at home, but coming so loaded to Namm shows a lot about his current mental status. I've been wasted-speech slurring drunk on my arse too, and it wasnt so long ago but I sure wouldn´t want to be in that state on a stage or in public. Just my 2cents.

Umm yeah my friend I think that is exactly what I said. :D I brought up my disclaimer only because I didn't want Big_Rob to feel bad in any way for posting this thread that's all.

You know who I really wish would be a better role model??.....Lindsay Lohan! (off topic sorry but I couldn't resist). At least Eddie is old enough to know better....Poser Lohan is not!

SuperSwede
May 31st, 2007, 02:20 PM
Umm yeah my friend I think that is exactly what I said. :D I brought up my disclaimer only because I didn't want Big_Rob to feel bad in any way for posting this thread that's all.

You know who I really wish would be a role model??.....Lindsay Lohan! (off topic sorry but I couldn't resist). At least Eddie is old enough to know better....Poser Lohan is not!

Aehmm.. ah yes. I see it clearly know. Our minds are as one.
Lindsay Lohan? Hell Yes.

Big_Rob
May 31st, 2007, 03:01 PM
Nah, I wouldnt feed bad about it at all.