PDA

View Full Version : Sweaty hands

elavd
June 1st, 2007, 01:45 AM
My hands sweat a lot...
I "ruin" a set of strings after a 2-3 hours of playing...(The snap of the bass strings is lost and the high strings get rusty...)

I think that the problem is not only the fact that I sweat but also the type of my sweat too...

Does anybody else here has the same problem with me?

Do you have any solutions in mind?

SuperSwede
June 1st, 2007, 02:32 AM
You could always try Elixir strings, they are very resistant and last a long time. The downside is that they have a slightly less crisp tone but it sure is a lot better than "black & dirty" worn strings. And you dont have to change them all the time.

elavd
June 1st, 2007, 02:53 AM
You could always try Elixir strings, they are very resistant and last a long time. The downside is that they have a slightly less crisp tone but it sure is a lot better than "black & dirty" worn strings. And you dont have to change them all the time.

I've never tried Elixir strings on my guitar, only on other's guitars.

But they are too expensive for my wallet and I also think that there is a compromise between their sound and their durance ...:rolleyes:

Robert
June 1st, 2007, 07:20 AM
Play with a towel over your hands like Danny Gatton did... :) He did this to show off or course.

Seriously, I don't know any remedies. Isn't there some some prescription solutions you rub on the skin that might work to minimize the sweating?

elavd
June 1st, 2007, 07:37 AM
Isn't there some some prescription solutions you rub on the skin that might work to minimize the sweating?

Hmmmm, I don't know...:cool:

Tone2TheBone
June 1st, 2007, 08:30 AM
I'm lucky I guess...I got warm dry hands.