PDA

View Full Version : The Beatles

Spudman
June 5th, 2007, 09:18 AM
For all you Beatles fans who might have missed this...

NPR, National Public Radio, has archived a show they did just after the stolen Let It Be tapes were found several years ago.

This includes commentary, out takes and some well known songs in their infancy. Great show!

http://www.npr.org/programs/asc/archives/live031403/

Tone2TheBone
June 5th, 2007, 09:24 AM
My teenage daughter is completely into the Beatles. (gee I wonder why...;) )

This should be good to check out...thanks Spud.

aeolian
June 5th, 2007, 10:35 AM
I'm a big Beatles fan, I'll have to check out the program. Thanks.

jpfeifer
June 5th, 2007, 12:11 PM
I've been a big fan of the Beatles since I was a kid. Still am. I think that they are the most important thing to ever happen to popular music. Everything changed after they came. I was just talking with my daughter the other day and naming groups that would not have happened had it not been for the Beatles.

My daughter is also a big fan.
I'll check out that link you sent.

Thanks, -- Jim

sunvalleylaw
June 5th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks, sir, for the link! I love the Beatles, and typically love Public Radio stuff, so the two together should be great!

Algonquin
November 14th, 2008, 09:25 PM
My teenage daughter is completely into the Beatles. (gee I wonder why...;) )

This should be good to check out...thanks Spud.

Old thread resurrection.

My daughter asked me tonight if I had any Beatles songs I could load onto her MP3 player. She asked me how many... and I said I think I have them all. I'll have to sit down and try and figure out what I'm missing, but I think I have almost 300 tunes which includes a bunch of old takes and such.

It's interesting to see how their music progressed over the years they recorded together. The majority of songs were of course written by Lennon and McCartney, but George and Ringo had some memorable songs too. I think I read somewhere that even though most were credited to 'Lennon/McCartney', it was the one who sang in on the album that actually wrote the tune. Anybody else read/confirm/deny that?

Regardless, I think it's great the music still lives on.

PS: HELP was the first album (vinyl) that I ever bought. You young kids are just going to have to google vinyl to see what that was :D