PDA

View Full Version : A/B test TS9 vs. Line 6 TS

Jimi75
June 5th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Had the idea of putting my TS9 in front of the Line6 Toneport. It worked fine.
I tested the modeled Line 6 and it does a great job!

In the clip you hear my Les Paul with the Seymour Duncan Bridge PU and Toneport UX1 Marshall Jumped Plexi model.

1. Without TS
2. With my "real" TS9
3. With the modeled Line6 TS

By the way, for those who care...I am totally busy with music, preparing recordings for the both of my bands so I hope I'll find more time soon to participate in the fret on regular base again and communicate with you guys!

Greetz
Jimi

Robert
June 5th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Ya, we've been wonderin where'ya bin!

They all sounded great, but number 2 sounds best to me.

Tone2TheBone
June 5th, 2007, 03:47 PM
I liked the tone of the real TS-9 too. The modeling is close and it's more gainy though. Cool test Jack I mean Jimi. Don't be a stranger, come and play when you can.

duhvoodooman
June 5th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Me, too. #3 wasn't bad, but it definitely had a synthetic sound vs. the real TS-9.

Spudman
June 5th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Never thought I'd find myself saying this...I like #2.:D

duhvoodooman
June 5th, 2007, 07:43 PM
:D :D :D

sunvalleylaw
June 5th, 2007, 09:00 PM
I like #2 followed by #1 best when played side by side like that. I am sure I would not be upset hearing any one of them standing alone. Cool test!

Tone2TheBone
June 6th, 2007, 09:09 AM

Steve, Voo
....ummm I don't get it?

My POD 2.0 doesn't feature any pedals but the drive knob on all the models works real well.

Iago
June 6th, 2007, 04:04 PM
maybe because im just back from a rehearsal (playing with a 100w amp 3 feet away from me :p) but i just dont think that the "2" is so superior to the "3". I could definitely feel more mids on the real TS. the 3 sounds more like a booster on the ex.1 not changing much of the original tone, but making it heavier and thick..a bit dry, though, no best sample.

Big K
June 6th, 2007, 05:44 PM
in order of preference #2 edging out #1 then #3 a distant 3rd...

Spudman
June 6th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Steve, Voo
....ummm I don't get it?

My POD 2.0 doesn't feature any pedals but the drive knob on all the models works real well.

The XT has all sorts of pedals in it, but if you have a ZYS you really don't need anything else.:D