PDA

View Full Version : Yet another new one

tonywantstoplay
January 23rd, 2006, 11:20 AM
Hi everyone,
My name is Tony. Im a commercial photographer by trade but a guitar player by dream. I play guitar in a worship team. You can check out the band at www.theroc.com. Im not on those tracks but now im in the band.
We play Rock songs but change the words. Check it out, you might like it.
I definately have GAS. Ive got about 18 guitars and maybe 10 amps. I have to get down in my music room and count sometime.
A friend of mine gave me this compliment once. "You suck and playing but you sure can buy a nice guitar"
I fell into the dream that if you keep buying guitars and amps... one day you will be a great player. What have I learned from that.... buy one and take lessons.
I hope to learn some great stuff hear. I hope this is a friendly place where great guitar players and great guitar player wanna bees can talk about stuff. My posts will mostly be questions that seem elementary to you players but be kind... we all started out here.
I have been fortunate to hang out with some great guitar players as my photography has allowed me to photography some of the top players in the business. Clapton, BB King, Pete Townsend and many others.
Im a nut for David Gilmore and Phil Keagy. If you havent heard Keagy, you are missing an amazing guitar player. Check out his album 220. Its a guitar clinic by itself.
God bless you all.
tony

Tim
January 23rd, 2006, 11:30 AM
Hello Tony and welcome. This is a excellent site and the other members are very informative and fun to interact with. I have one of Phil Keagy's albums. He is a very good player.

Nice "ROC" website!

Tone2TheBone
January 23rd, 2006, 11:49 AM
Welcome Tony,

Phil Keagy is amazing. Saw him at Calvary Chapel years and years ago. I was in awe.

SuperSwede
January 23rd, 2006, 02:02 PM
Welcome Tony,

This is a very friendly community unlike many other guitar forums that you might have visited.
How did you find out about us? Roberts site?

Robert
January 23rd, 2006, 02:12 PM
Welcome to the gang, Tony! Interesting to hear you are a photographer! I think Warren here has the same background. Maybe I can ask you for a tip or two about buying a Digital SLR?!

tonywantstoplay
January 23rd, 2006, 04:09 PM
Ask away Robert. I got to this site from thegearpage.net.
thanks all
tony

Nelskie
January 24th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Salutations, Tony. With that huge stash of guitar gear, you made the right choice in coming to Fret.Net. Hopefully, your time spent here will eventually equate into renewed interest and success w/ your own playing. I look forward to your contributions, and perhaps, even a few snaps of your photographic handiwork! :cool:

jpfeifer
January 24th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forum! I'm a new member too.
I also play in a worship group as a regular gig. I've been doing that for many years and have learned quite a bit doing that kind of music.

I think that most of us on this forum have G.A.S. to dome degree.
There's always some guitar sound that I can't get with my current guitar and amp setup. I guess this is what keeps things interesting. Always searching for some new sounds.

I've found this forum to be much more friendly than a lot other forums that I've vistited online in the past. It seems that most of the other forums either have some kind of invisible inside-clique that most people can never be a part of or just plain rude people that need to bash everyone else's opinions on gear, etc. I visit forums like this because I love music. I'm not religious about guitar gear, there's a lot of good stuff out there these days. The other people on this forum seem to have the same attitude. So if you have questions feel free to ask.

Welcome!

-- Jim

Justaguyin_nc
January 26th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Good to see you here Tony... You know.. buying guitars does at least make you look good when people come over.. ofcourse I never pick one up while they are here...;)

Matt
January 27th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Welcome Tony. I'm already in envie of how many guitars and amps you have. One day, when I have the money... :P

I'm fairly new here too, and this is great place for helpful tips.

regards

Matt