PDA

View Full Version : For Jeff Beck fans

Robert
June 7th, 2007, 10:25 AM
This looks like a must-have album for fans of Jeff Beck!

http://www.abstractlogix.com/xcart/product.php?productid=23134

Featuring Guitar Performances By Steve Morse, John Scofield, Eric Johnson, Adam Rogers, Jeff Richman, Mike Stern, Warren Haynes, Chris Duarte, Greg Howe & Walter Trout. :DR

duhvoodooman
June 7th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Some great players there! Amazon.com has it as an import for $22.49:

http://www.amazon.com/Freeway-Jam-Beck-Various-Artists/dp/B000QFAIOC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-6956878-2201212?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1181234704&sr=8-1

jpfeifer
June 7th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Oh man ... I HAVE to pick up this album. It would be worth it just to hear some of these people play Jeff Beck's tunes. That list of players on this tribute album is incredible.

I saw Jeff Beck live for the first time about 1 year ago in Tempe, Az. He was amazing. I think that he is the most original sounding guitar player I've ever seen live. He was doing things with his guitar that I'd never seen or heard anyone do, all kinds of strange tones coming out of his Strat, odd bends, unpredictable phrasing. He also used his vibrato arm constantly to make notes dip and raise in weird ways. It was really cool to see someone doing something that was truly original. He played without a pick and often picked very close to the bridge. He also did a lot of cool things with harmonics.

Eric Johnson was the warm up act right after Greg Koch. It was one night of amazing guitar playing.

-- Jim

duhvoodooman
June 7th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Koch, then EJ, then JB?? Wow, that's quite a lineup of premium Strat players!!

Robert
June 7th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Yeah, Jeff Beck is a living legend - a true innovator and fantastic player. Personally, there are only a few guitar players that really rock my boat besides Jimi, and Jeff Beck is sure one of them.

Spudman
June 7th, 2007, 06:48 PM
I am so happy to see Chris Duarte on a release with so much exposure. The guy is pretty amazing and nice. I was fortunate to work with him several times. Although my hearing suffered my inspiration was pegged.

7lords
June 8th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Nice, I'll have to pick this up to get even more excited about seeing him and many others at the Crossroads Guitar Festival in Chicago in July. :DR