PDA

View Full Version : Got my Fuzz pedal today! Yeehaw!

Robert
January 23rd, 2006, 10:57 PM
Sounds great! What a great thing - I should had one of these babies a long time ago! It's a Daz Fuzz by Baja Tech Custom. Sweet Germanium fuzz, brotha!;)

Here's a quick video clip with my daughter commenting:

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/media/daz-fuzz-short.wmv

SuperSwede
January 24th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Robert Robert Robert!
What a tight and fat tone! What did you pay for it?
I gotta get me a good quality fuzz pedal too, could you please record something with the Tele + fuzz?
I really love that Fuzz/Blues Driver combo sound! :)

Amazing!

Robert
January 24th, 2006, 09:28 AM
It is honestly an incredible sound to play with. Get one! Yes, I'll record with the Tele too. I payed about ninety bucks for it. This fuzz is good! There are many others out there too. Mine was a good deal I think - it is brand new!

Tone2TheBone
January 24th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Fuzzy wuzzy Rob. Don't forget to add your new pedal to your gear list!

Robert
January 27th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Oh guys, I just gotta tell you again - what a great pedal! It's just incredible. I love my Monkeys and whatnot, but this thing is making me think I'm Jimi! I never knew fuzz could be so good - now I know what the fuzz is all about!:rolleyes:

Here is a brand new clip this Friday Jan 27 2006. Using my Telecaster.

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips

Spudman
January 27th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Cool Robert.

It's a little hard to tell by the video though because it sounds like the mic is picking up the unamplified sound of your strings. Is this so or does this fuzz unit have that much clarity?

"Who knows" sounds like a take off of "Good Morning Little School Girl." Jeff Beck does a great version on the Muddy Waters Tribute Album by Paul Rogers.

Thanks again for the clips.

Robert
January 27th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah I played the amp on low volume, so you probably hear some string sounds just like you say. Love das fuzz!

SuperSwede
January 28th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Wow what a amazing sound that is, even better with the Tele than the '51 if you ask me. I especially like what it does when paired up with your blues driver. Again: Congrats on a good purchase.

Justaguyin_nc
January 30th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Way cool... I was noticing in the video that the face of the das fuzz is black.... is this the SI version? seems they have a red faced one with the GE.. Germanium and black face SI with silicon base... either way it sounds fantastic..just want to know which model we are bragging on...

Robert
January 30th, 2006, 09:19 AM
It's the GE (germanium) version. I am still learning how to use it. It seems to sound best together with another OD or distortion pedal.