PDA

View Full Version : It's official.

tot_Ou_tard
June 8th, 2007, 07:49 PM
The current Paris Hilton coverage proves that the USA is Rome just before the fall. :D:p:D

Tone2TheBone
June 8th, 2007, 08:02 PM
She strikes me as someone that might benefit from a little discipline. She's spoiled as hell.

In a related story I was watching a movie last night about Ireland and England just after the "fall of Rome". When exactly was the fall of Rome?

marnold
June 8th, 2007, 08:03 PM
The only thing I'd like to see more than Paris Hilton set on fire is to see it in slow-motion.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
June 8th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I'd play the fiddle to that Marnold , just to make Tot happy ...

sunvalleylaw
June 8th, 2007, 08:57 PM
In Great Britain's waning days, we received a lot of good rock and punk music. Maybe we can at least get some good music out of this!

Spudman
June 8th, 2007, 09:10 PM
I'd play the fiddle to that Marnold , just to make Tot happy ...

OMG - I have tears streaming down my face. That is completely d***a** funny. lmao

tot_Ou_tard
June 9th, 2007, 08:29 AM
OMG - I have tears streaming down my face. That is completely d***a** funny. lmao

Ditto here.:D Thanks 6*9*!

ShortBuSX
June 9th, 2007, 09:00 AM
I have to admit that "the Simple Life" is my guilty pleasure...I dont really think shes "HOT", not such a fan of blondes...but I do love watching the 2 of them torture and abuse these innocent victums...its like being on a really bad date with the "HOT" chic without all the expense. Its hard not having flashbacks of playing truth or dare while watching...who the heck signs up for this show???(just goes to show, there ARE people more stupid than Paris Hilton)

Does the jail thing really surprise anybody though? What did you expect to happen with this high maintenece broad?
You gotta love the pics though!!!
http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/images/photos/paris-hilton-wearing-police-car-crying.jpg

DaveO
June 9th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Back to the fall of Rome comment. I will be the first to give you a big AMEN.
The American people have their attention focused on the things that really don't matter and let the 800 lb gorilla in the room sleep. One of these days the gorilla is going to wake up and he will be hungry and pi**ed off. I really don't want to get started on a rant so let me stop here. Unless the discussion goes further. Happy 100th post!
Dave

Spudman
June 9th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Back to the fall of Rome comment. I will be the first to give you a big AMEN.
The American people have their attention focused on the things that really don't matter and let the 800 lb gorilla in the room sleep. One of these days the gorilla is going to wake up and he will be hungry and pi**ed off. I really don't want to get started on a rant so let me stop here. Unless the discussion goes further. Happy 100th post!
Dave

Al Gore just talked about this same issue on the Charlie Rose show a week or so ago. He totally sees it and is urging Americans to "wake up" and get involved again.

Her is the whole show. It's brilliant. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-836879575340595191

DaveO
June 9th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I don't know if I see eye to eye with Al Gore. My favorite topic to rant on is the blindness of the American people.
People get uptight about abortion and gay marriage and don't give a cr*p about 2nd and 3rd generation Welfare families and insane government waste of your money.
My eyes are starting to roll back in my head so let me stop.
Dave

t_ross33
June 9th, 2007, 05:16 PM
One of our favorite pastimes North o' the Border is playing armchair politics with the state of the States :D ;)

I'm not sure if it's government, or mass media (do I smell conspiracy?), but in broad and very general terms, the American people seem way out of touch with what is actually going on, not only in their own country, but in the world around them.

Hey, why worry about international conflict, global warming and a president who's meager international cred is dwindling by the nano-second when you can watch a poor, spoiled, not talent brat who hasn't contributed one iota to society on CNN 24/7? :rolleyes:

Was it Micheal Moore who coined the term "Weapons of Mass Distraction"? I think all of us, not just Americans, need to stop waiting for Big Brother to look after things. We need to get active in our own communities and champion the things we truly believe in.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE! KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD! :R

I'll get off my soapbox now :o

Spudman
June 9th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Remember when students used to create a ruckus when things didn't seem right? Notice how that faction is missing during this administration? Apathy? Distractions? Something is going on for sure. Heck, even Cindy Sheehan (war protester) gave up.

WackyT
June 9th, 2007, 06:30 PM
I just wish the UN would do something about Darfur. But then, I guess they see no reason to because it doesn't affect them any.

sunvalleylaw
June 9th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Remember when students used to create a ruckus when things didn't seem right? Notice how that faction is missing during this administration? Apathy? Distractions? Something is going on for sure. Heck, even Cindy Sheehan (war protester) gave up.

That was a topic in several of the interviews in the 40th Ann. Issue of the Rolling Stone.

DaveO
June 9th, 2007, 07:37 PM
One thing that will stop me in my tracks and force me up on my soapbox is any variation of the statement "Paid for by Federal funds" or "Money from the State".
Screeech and stop right there.
You and I get up every day and go to work for a paycheck. Nobody named Uncle Sam punchs the clock.
Federal and State funds are my funds and your funds.
For some reason people think it is okay to waste money as long as it's government funded.
Hello everyone, THAT IS YOUR MONEY.
Stopping flushing it down the toilet and maybe you can keep more every week when you get paid. (I know that part is a crazy dream. What is a politicians favorite tax? The next one.)
I'm not saying the government doesn't have a job to do, but, remember that everything that the government does for you is paid for by everybody.
I'm nowhere near Paris Hilton am I. Which I am really glad about. I don't think I can afford to loose the IQ points.
See, there I go again. (Dave steps off soapbox and takes a deep cleansing breath. Goes to his cushion to meditate. :) )
Dave

Spudman
June 9th, 2007, 07:59 PM
See, there I go again. (Dave steps off soapbox and takes a deep cleansing breath. Goes to his cushion to meditate. :) )
Dave

Now, what is mu?

I figure since you were so wound up that you could use a koan too.:)

oldguy
June 9th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Posting Guidelines
No discussion of politics or religion - including taglines. This is a guitar and bass discussion board.

I'm just as pissed and upset with Jr. as all of you.:mad: :mad:
However, a gentle reminder. Rock on, bros., spread the word, and keep the faith!!!

DaveO
June 9th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the reminder oldguy. You know how some things just get your blood up.
Dave

tot_Ou_tard
June 10th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Who'd a known that my post would reveal such feelings.

Since no politics are allowed, I'll just go back to watching the decline & fall.

:D;):D

oldguy
June 10th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Well, well... she now says she's going to serve the entire sentence as it's helping her to "grow", maybe be a better person.

duhvoodooman
June 10th, 2007, 11:41 AM
....it's helping her to "grow", maybe be a better person.
I would guess that almost any real-world experience would accomplish that. This is a young woman who appears to have no concept of how the other 99.9% of us live, nor any interest in anything other than herself. Sad and tragic way to li ve, actually.... :(

oldguy
June 10th, 2007, 12:31 PM
You're right, and another thing, they've just said she.......whoops......
to hell with that, I think my toast just popped up....

Spudman
June 10th, 2007, 02:47 PM
..whoops......
to hell with that, I think my toast just popped up....

I dunno. When I think of Paris my toast does anything but "pop up.":D

oldguy
June 10th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I dunno. When I think of Paris my toast does anything but "pop up.":D

Is that because her profile resembles a cartoon rat?:p

ShortBuSX
June 11th, 2007, 07:48 AM
I would guess that almost any real-world experience would accomplish that. This is a young woman who appears to have no concept of how the other 99.9% of us live, nor any interest in anything other than herself. Sad and tragic way to li ve, actually.... :(

Have you ever seen her show? I mean have you ever really watched it?
I think thats the idea behind it, have them visit with "real people"...I think its totally hillarious! Like a modern day Lucy and Ethel. Dont get me wrong, I dont condone her behavior and Im not a "fan"...its a trainwreck! Everybody loves a good trainwreck, no?

tot_Ou_tard
June 11th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Have you ever seen her show? I mean have you ever really watched it?
I think thats the idea behind it, have them visit with "real people"...I think its totally hillarious! Like a modern day Lucy and Ethel. Dont get me wrong, I dont condone her behavior and Im not a "fan"...its a trainwreck! Everybody loves a good trainwreck, no?
We used to watch it. The people pretty much knew what they were gonna get. It was often funny.

My wife even perfected a coy "That's Hot".

I was led to post the Rome comment not by Paris' behavior nor her courtroom shenanigans per se, but by a particularly hilarious montage of news footage on MSNBC.

"We've got a new twist...umbrelllas. She could very well come out of the house under the shade of those umbrellas."

It lasted about 15 minutes & each clip was more absurd than last. All with

*IMPORTANT NEWS MUSIC*

in the background. If it was Countdown then I'd assume it was meant to be funny, but it was Hardball (I think).

It still cracks me up. Maybe we won't get great music like the Brits, but we will almost certainly get accidently hilarious pseudo-important media circuses (perhaps circii, if we wish to belabor the Rome metaphor with a newsperson's mic).

The actual political discussion that ensued on this thread was more interesting than the Paris stuff. I wish we could continue. ;)

duhvoodooman
June 11th, 2007, 12:55 PM
REMINDER! The Open Mic forum rules are clearly stated above:

"....talk about anything you like except politics, religion and guitars."
So let's drop the political commentary and get back to bashing Paris, please! ;)

DaveO
June 11th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I have no comment on Paris.
Dave

duhvoodooman
June 11th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Well, fortunately, we have 25 or so other forums and a total of over 3200 threads, so there are plenty of other places to comment! ;) :D

DaveO
June 11th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Momma always told us "If you can't say something good about the food or the people just say 'That's different'"
My Paris comment "That's Different"
:rolleyes:
Dave

Spudman
June 11th, 2007, 05:13 PM
So let's drop the political commentary and get back to bashing Paris, please! ;)

I hear Paris is nice in the spring, though I've never been there.;)

WackyT
June 11th, 2007, 05:59 PM
...its not like we can do a whole lot about a President that wasnt even elected the first time...and who can even explain the second term?

That's different.

SuperSwede
June 12th, 2007, 02:37 AM
I hear Paris is nice in the spring, though I've never been there.;)

Ah! A night in Paris.. I can really recommend that. Strolling around the gardens, listening to the jailbirds...

Justaguyin_nc
June 12th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Everyone needs a little paris in their lives... makes you feel so much more normal.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k66epna2Sss

Fingers
June 12th, 2007, 01:05 PM
I once told a little lie .............when asked who my best lay was..........I said.......'Paris Hilton'..............................she wasn't.............

.......Britney was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/fingers23/Smilies/s_1f25ef3d2544d9e37c2597d453008807.gif

duhvoodooman
June 12th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Ah! A night in Paris.. I can really recommend that.
Hey, Swede! Quit talkin' dirty!! ;) :D

SuperSwede
June 13th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Hey, Swede! Quit talkin' dirty!! ;) :D

Dirty? Paris is a nice city, especially by night ;)

Justaguyin_nc
June 13th, 2007, 08:04 AM
They say back in the day, there use to be plenty of knights going in and out of paris... I would assume daytime and night time...