PDA

View Full Version : Neck mounting inserts

M29
June 8th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Hello,

I ran across this on the Warmoth site and thought it might be interesting for the Fret.Netters to see.

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=163.0

M29

Bloozcat
July 2nd, 2007, 10:32 AM
I've seen this done before, but I've yet to try it myself. I really like the idea though. In fact, I liked the idea so much that I used smaller brass inserts like these for the pickguard screws on my Squire 51. The body on that guitar is basswood, which is soft and strips out easily. The inserts were a great improvement.

I know that this may be splitting hairs (and perhaps entirely unnecessary), but with the neck inserts you could easily torque each screw as well. It probably wouldn't make even the slightest iota of difference in the final tone, but I'll bet I can convince myself that it does...:D

LagrangeCalvert
July 9th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I've seen this done before, but I've yet to try it myself. I really like the idea though. In fact, I liked the idea so much that I used smaller brass inserts like these for the pickguard screws on my Squire 51. The body on that guitar is basswood, which is soft and strips out easily. The inserts were a great improvement.

I know that this may be splitting hairs (and perhaps entirely unnecessary), but with the neck inserts you could easily torque each screw as well. It probably wouldn't make even the slightest iota of difference in the final tone, but I'll bet I can convince myself that it does...:D

well....it would prolly improve sustain because of the added clamping force on the body/neck pocket. As far as tone, I agree that I wouldn't have the slightest clue on what it would do.