PDA

View Full Version : The whiskey thread

SuperSwede
January 24th, 2006, 02:22 PM
So what do you prefer after a good dinner? Single malt or perhaps a scotch?

warren0728
January 24th, 2006, 03:11 PM
i'm a single malt scotch kinda guy.....i prefer the less peaty brands although i won't turn down a talisker, etc.

McCallan and Dalwhinnie are a couple of faves....

ww

SuperSwede
January 24th, 2006, 03:19 PM
I like Bowmore and Lagavulin, really nice and smoky.

And I saw that I added scotch as an option, that was meant to be blended. But never mind ;)

Tim
January 24th, 2006, 04:12 PM
I enjoy Cognac over ice cream of various flavors!

Josh
January 25th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Rémy Martin XO when I can get my hands on it - on a more regular basis, Jack Daniel's in a chilled highball glass, or in Coca-Cola.

Nelskie
January 25th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Personally, after dinner I prefer a good cigar over a glass of whiskey. But if it's gotta be whiskey, then it better be from Lynchburg, TN, USA. Gentleman Jack is a most delictible concoction, IMHO. On the rocks, with a splash of tonic. Smoooooooooooth.

marnold
January 25th, 2006, 08:39 PM
The bigger question may be: "When you drink alone, do you prefer to be by yourself?"

Katastrophe
January 26th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Not much of a whiskey person, so I chose "Root Beer" out of the available options. Occasionally, I'll have a nice, cold beer. A cigar and a 15 year old Port is great after dinner, but I can't afford that often.

Tone2TheBone
January 26th, 2006, 10:12 AM
I was going to post a what kind of beer do you enjoy thread but I couldn't figure out how to put the clever little poll thing.

I dunno about an after dinner cocktail for me but I do like a few sips of JD from a flask

http://www.customflys.com/images/misc/flask.jpg

while fishing on the river on cold days.

http://www.customflys.com/images/misc/rob_audie1.jpg

Josh
January 26th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Nice catch! I used to do a little fly fishing myself up in the Owens Valley in California. Someday I'm going to get back into it.

SuperSwede
January 26th, 2006, 02:26 PM
I like fishing but I never catch anything ;)

Tone2TheBone
January 26th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Thanks Josh,

Thats on the San Juan River. I fish there a lot. Get back into it and when I go visit my uncle up in Ventura I'll swing by your place in LA and pick you up to do some surf fly fishing!

Robert
January 26th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Is that you on the picture, Tone? You need a hair cut!

Nelskie
January 26th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Fishin' is awesome! And that's a mighty big smile on that fisherman on the previous page! :D Big Walleyes and Northern Pike are the name of the game up here in Dakota country, and Devils Lake and Lake Sakakawea are a couple of hot spots to get 'em.

Tone2TheBone
January 26th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Robert,

Too late. I did. It's back to being short now. Got tired of taking 20 minute showers and bottles of conditioner. :P

Josh
January 26th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Surf fly? Outstanding! I'm more of a motor oil/red flake grub kind of surf fisherman, but I've always wanted to try flyfishing for Corbina and surfperch.

SuperSwede
January 27th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Tone, I think that you look a lot like Robert Plant on that picture ... ;)

Tim
January 27th, 2006, 09:12 AM
I never did understand why people go fishing for flies. I would rather eat fish myself.

I have surf fished along both the Gulf Coast and Atlantic Ocean. I have deep fished in both waters too. I scuba dove and spear fished there also. I had the wonderful experience of ice fishing in Minnesota at 30 below zero. Burrrrrr.

I never done any of that fly fishing stuff. I looks like fun, as long as you do not go during salmon season. I do not know who is worse, the bears or the other fishermen!!!

Robert
January 27th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Tone, we gotta go flyfishing together soon. I love doing that! You can come up to southern Alberta, good fishing here too.

Tone2TheBone
January 27th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Josh - I've checked out a few fly fishing sites that cater to surf fishing the California coast and it looks like it would be a blast and very doable. Keep this idea in mind you never know man, we could do it!

SS - its funny say that...I remember in high school my friends used to call me Robert Plant cause I have light hair and it was long and curly. And of course my name is Robert.

Tim - Great little joke there. heh I'd love to go to Oregon or Alaska to catch some sweet salmon. Silvers, Coho, King...all of them. I'd also love to get on a boat and catch me a humongous Halibit (on regular tackle of course) so I can ship that baby home with me and grill it up!!!

Robert - Yeah I know buddy...you're in with the IN crowd. ;) I'm going to take you up on your offer one day sir..just remember that.

SuperSwede
January 27th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Tone, I can think of worse people to be mistaken for ;)

warren0728
January 29th, 2006, 03:46 PM
back to whiskey.......

my wife came home from grocery shopping today and brought me a little gift. She stopped at the local liqour store and picked up a bottle of Highland Park 12 year old single malt from the orkney islands.

I have never tried this one....looking forward to it this evening!

what a wife!

ww

SuperSwede
January 29th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Ooohhh! Highland Park is wonderful stuff :)
Hold it right there, I´m coming over!!! :D

warren0728
January 29th, 2006, 04:12 PM
wish you could ss!

my first one will be in your honor!

cheers,
ww