PDA

View Full Version : My names 333, and I'm an alco...... uhh nevermind.

333maxwell
June 12th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Hello..

Stumbled on to this forum earlier today and have been prowling around..

I think I have found a new place to hang out.

As for me I am mostly a hobbiest these days.

_______________-

I play a variety of instruments, Strats, resonator guitar, Ukuleles in various sizes, Sax, Clarinet, Banjo, Bass, skins, vocals, harp, and many others..

Kind of a 'never mastered' any instrument, but knows a bit about many of them.

My Stage gear consists of Strats, Hot Rod Deville, Cry Baby, Seymour Duncan Twin Tube, any number of delays turned up ever so slightly in the FX loop.

At home I have been toying with this lil 65 dollar Bheringer Amp modeler, and as I mentioned the PC, and have been working with VST's now for the last month and find them totaly exciting.. where was all this inexpensive gear when I was a kid..

I just started recording on Hard Drive last month so have been experimenting with new tunes i have written.
(if it is ok to post this link in here.. if not, I will gladly remove it.. hate to give the impression of being a spammer)
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=676362

I would be eagar for any feedback, pro or con.

Now I am going to go float around the room again and listen to some of the others tunes..

Fun stuff!

Tone2TheBone
June 12th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Good to see you here again. It's good that you participate in the forums and feel free to post your tunes they're great. Welcome again!

ted s
June 12th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Welcome 333, nice intro. I like that Junkyard Blues !

Robert
June 12th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Welcome, triplethree! Glad to have ya with us!

duhvoodooman
June 12th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Welcome, 333! Glad to have you here. That Hot Rod Deville is a real nice amp, but I hear they're incredibly loud. Do you use an attenuator? And tell us more about your Strats, please! Models, features, age, any mods you've done, etc. We're gear-nosey around here! :D

warren0728
June 12th, 2007, 04:00 PM
welcome 333maxwell....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

sunvalleylaw
June 12th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Welcome! I added your soundclick stuff to my account and plan to go through and listen to all of it. The tag line of the one you wrote on the day Don Ho passed caught my eye. Thanks for joining the party!

tot_Ou_tard
June 12th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I play a variety of instruments, Strats, resonator guitar, Ukuleles in various sizes, Sax, Clarinet, Banjo, Bass, skins, vocals, harp, and many others..

Now that's what I'm talking about! Coool!

Killer recordings 333. Did'ja play ALL the instruments?!?

How do ya like the Twin Tube?

333maxwell
June 12th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Good to see you here again. It's good that you participate in the forums and feel free to post your tunes they're great. Welcome again!

Thanks, appreciate the welcome and the feedback.

333maxwell
June 12th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Welcome 333, nice intro. I like that Junkyard Blues !

The intro went over well at a computer seminar once.. thought I would try it again! *G*

Thanks!

333maxwell
June 12th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Welcome, triplethree! Glad to have ya with us!

Glad to be here..

Thanks for the greetings..

333maxwell
June 12th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Welcome, 333! Glad to have you here. That Hot Rod Deville is a real nice amp, but I hear they're incredibly loud. Do you use an attenuator? And tell us more about your Strats, please! Models, features, age, any mods you've done, etc. We're gear-nosey around here! :D

The Hot Rod Deville IS a loud beast indeed.

I had a buddy who put on a (taper?) volume pot for me, and that helped to make it more 'even' from 0 to full.. instead of anything past nothing is ON.

The Strats are just mixed melanges.. a few old necks in the bunch.. I kind of am a mix and match build your own out of spare parts kind of guy.

I do equip most of them with Stacked Hummers (Seymours) in the bridge and Neck positions, and a medium output single in the middle. Very "Strat' like, with the frills of humbucking if desired. Plus all the wonderful Strat nasal grit in the middle without any compromise.

333maxwell
June 12th, 2007, 06:18 PM
welcome 333maxwell....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Seems like a level headed joint indeed! Nice to meet ya.

333maxwell
June 12th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Welcome! I added your soundclick stuff to my account and plan to go through and listen to all of it. The tag line of the one you wrote on the day Don Ho passed caught my eye. Thanks for joining the party!

Well, one thing about my little collection, is it is very diverse.

The song Island (the Don Ho reference) was a fun one to do.. and just the way I like them.. two hours after sit down, I had enough material to call it a wrap.

Most of my stuff is fairly unpolished, and I like to play as much of each instrument all the way through without punching in etc. I am pretty new to hard disk recording, so I call this my learning curve phase. It's been fun all the new toys I have discovered in VST too.

I'll be interested to hear any feedback thanks!

333maxwell
June 12th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about! Coool!

Killer recordings 333. Did'ja play ALL the instruments?!?

How do ya like the Twin Tube?

Yes, everything in the songs was created from scratch, from the ground up and done by me.

Well.. one thing I can say about doing everything.. the Bass player never showed up late! *G*

I love the Twin tube.. for me it is the perfect seasoning. Paired with the Wah and the Hot Rod Deville it can cover just about any tonal range needed for the task.

tot_Ou_tard
June 12th, 2007, 06:37 PM
I love the Twin tube.. for me it is the perfect seasoning. Paired with the Wah and the Hot Rod Deville it can cover just about any tonal range needed for the task.
I recently got a used Twin Tube for $135 & I love it in front of my AD30VT, it even works beautifully if I'm playing clean. It adds some rich harmonic shimmer & compression. It fattens things up a bit and makes the top end sweeter.

At least that's what I'm claiming now. :D

I'm a noobie & everyone around here knows to ignore me, but it is good to hear that you like yours.

I like it that your stuff is unpolished it's got a real nice vibe.

333maxwell
June 12th, 2007, 09:24 PM
I recently got a used Twin Tube for $135 & I love it in front of my AD30VT, it even works beautifully if I'm playing clean. It adds some rich harmonic shimmer & compression. It fattens things up a bit and makes the top end sweeter.

At least that's what I'm claiming now. :D

I'm a noobie & everyone around here knows to ignore me, but it is good to hear that you like yours.

I like it that your stuff is unpolished it's got a real nice vibe.

Ya, I use my twin tube mostly as a CLEAN pre amp.. like you say, it makes things sparkle a bit!

SuperSwede
June 13th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Welcome 333!

Jimi75
June 13th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Welcome 666, aheeemmm 333 ;-)

:DR

Justaguyin_nc
June 13th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Welcome Maxwell... I enjoyed "Trains"... did you do the Harmonica on it also? nice tunes..nice sounds..

333maxwell
June 13th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Welcome 333!

Thanks for the greetings!

333maxwell
June 13th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Welcome 666, aheeemmm 333 ;-)

:DR

Hey man!, thanks for the greetings.

333maxwell
June 13th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Welcome Maxwell... I enjoyed "Trains"... did you do the Harmonica on it also? nice tunes..nice sounds..

Howdy..

Yes, I do everything on all the lil tunes.

Someday I am gonna find me a friend! *G*

But in the meantime.....

Brian Krashpad
June 30th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Welcome, Max! I've been remiss welcoming newcomers as I am one myself, but what the heck.

Good group here. I wish I could play as many instruments as you.

333maxwell
June 30th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Welcome, Max! I've been remiss welcoming newcomers as I am one myself, but what the heck.

Good group here. I wish I could play as many instruments as you.

I may play a lot of instruments, but none of them very well.. *L*

Thanks for the greetings, nice to meet ya!