PDA

View Full Version : The Strat Pack Dvd

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 25th, 2006, 11:05 AM
IF you have not already viewed this amazing dvd heres what you've been missing .
To celebrate th 50th anniversary of the fender stratocaster, in Sept 2004 at Wembly arena England the strat pack concert was organized to raised money for the Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy charity. The list of players includes ...David Gilmour..Joe Walsh..Hank Marvin..Albert Lee..Ronnie Wood..The Crickets (Buddy Holly's Band).. Brian May...Paul Rogers..Gary Moore..and many others... the dvd includes interviews with various artists talking about their strats , 1st strats etc .. but the performances were absolutely brilliant... 1st up the Crickets , Buddy Holly's original band joined on stage by Albert Lee and Brian May for rousing renditions of peggy sue..maybe baby..i fought the law..oh boy .. and that'll be the day where the band was joined by Ronnie Wood , and yep Brian May played a strat a 58 3 tone burst reissue , amazing ,...Garry Moore did a insane version of Hendrix's Red House ..Hank Marvin who was almost single handedly responsible for the introduction of the strat in great britan and europe , played his killer instrumental twang filled classics , sleepwalk and apache .. Joe Walsh rocked the arena with funk 49, life's been good, life in the fastlane and rocky mountain way..the boy can indeed play ..
The highlight of the concert for me was David Gilmour taking the stage with his serial #001 strat , yep the 1st one ., he did .marooned, coming back to life,and sorrow , amazing set with the house band .. Gilmour reaffirmed the fact that he is one of the best players if not the best player on the planet ,
The overall audio and video quality of the dvd is excellent and just the shots of all the vintage amps and guitars are worth the price of admission.. 6S9L

SuperSwede
January 25th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the info on this 6S9L, however I havent found a single DVD store here that has it... :(
And shipping from amazon is usually rather expensive.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 25th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Heres a link to Gilmours performances at the wembly fender show ...check em out ....6S9Lhttp://www.pinkfloydz.com/stratpack240904.htm

Nelskie
January 25th, 2006, 01:32 PM
69SL - Nice post on the "Strat Pack" DVD. Indeed, that is a star-studded guitar line-up. I also never knew that David Gilmour had THE #001 Strat!! If anyone is deserving of an instrument of that caliber, it certainly is him. It is also great that this event featured Buddy Holly's band The Crickets, as they were truly one of the very first popular rock n' roll acts to feature, and receive notariety for their use of the Stratocaster guitar. I love playing those old Buddy Holly songs, too!!!

I'm definitely planning on adding this DVD to my collection. :)

Tone2TheBone
January 25th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I'm always looking to add another concert DVD to my collection. Thanks for the headsup Nelski!

Nelskie
January 25th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Tone - your thanks should go to 69SL.

Tone2TheBone
January 26th, 2006, 09:48 AM
OOPS. My thanks goes to Mister 6S9L for my above post. :)