PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin DVD set

Tone2TheBone
January 25th, 2006, 01:58 PM
I call it the "Desert Set". Don't know how long it's been out but if you haven't seen it and you're truly a Ledhead like me...go get it and get the Led out! Showcases never before seen footage of live performances in London's Royal Albert Hall (1970) and Earl's Court (1975), Madison Square Garden (1973 - full versions of a couple of songs that didn't make it on the Song Remains the Same movie) and the Knebworth Festival in 1979. Also contains a bootleg video and several tv interviews. Really historic and great stuff I highly recommend it.

ps - Ok so it's been out since 2003......get it anyway. lmao

Nelskie
January 25th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Tone - I might add to your post that all of the video footage on this DVD was culled from Jimmy Page's own personal archives, much of which had never before been seen. This collection of performance material was much more than a godsend for die-hard Zeppelin addicts. It was, and now is, THE definitive performance document of one of rock's most heralded live acts.

As well, all of the audio and video was carefully restored using state-of-the-art equipment, and then digitally re-mastered for maximum effect. Both of which were done under Mr. Page's watchful eye and meticulous ear.

If you've ever wondered "What's all the fuss with Led Zeppelin?", well here's your answer.

Tone2TheBone
January 26th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Nelski,

Excellent followup to my verbal and literary ineptness. lmao Thanks buddy! :)

Iago
January 26th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I wonder why some of the Knebworth and Earls Court footage didn`t made it to the DVD???

Nelskie
January 26th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Tone - Nothin' doin', my friend. I was merely adding to your already excellent post, and thought those few facts might further entice some of our members to check this unbelievable DVD out.

I look at my moderating duties kinda' like being a good rhythm man. It just makes the leads all that much better. ;)

Tone2TheBone
January 26th, 2006, 04:09 PM
I'm kinda like the Moses of internet forums in that I have a lot of great ideas...albeit with the need of a helping higher power notwithstanding...but am a lousy speaker. Stuh tuh tuhtering Puh poet......kinda like the monster in my avatar. LMAO

Nelskie
January 26th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Iago - I think eventually, some of that footage will. I'd read an interview with Jimmy Page shortly before the DVD & CD were released, and he'd said that quality was the all-consuming bottom line to both of the 2003 projects (the DVD & How The West Was Won CD.) I have a ton of respect for him for saying that, too, particularly since there seems to be so much "average" stuff floating around on live DVD music releases these days. Because Zeppelin is no more, all they have to work with is stuff that was recorded or shot on the standard media of the day. In most cases, this material falls far short of expectations, both visually, and fidelity-wise.

Zeppelin's status in the pantheon of rock bands bears a very heavy burden. Shuttling out average or so-so material for mass release, I feel, does not reflect well on the band, or its music. Thankfully, with Mr. Page at the production helm of any future Zeppelin-related media projects, we as fans can be assured that only the best Led Zeppelin material makes it to release.

And that's the way it should be. ;)

Tone2TheBone
January 26th, 2006, 04:18 PM
..."Mama say...thats the way it outta stay"....... :)

Nelskie
January 26th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Wha' . . . hey! Is that a burning bush I see . . . ! :eek: Oh, it's just Tone!!

Nelskie
January 26th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Nice follow, dude.

Iago
January 26th, 2006, 09:03 PM
I was just wondering if anyone noticed that Robert Plant sings the fisrt verse of Buffalo Springfield`s "On the Way Home" after the solo in "How Many More Times" ? I love that song!