PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout

M29
June 13th, 2007, 08:11 PM
This brought some grins. We used to drum this song on our desks all day long in junior high and drive the teachers nuts. There is some respectable guitar playin goin on here, wait out the drum solos. Shoot check out that gear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkYSDYDc8mE&mode=related&search=

M29

Tone2TheBone
June 14th, 2007, 08:30 AM
The Ventures! That's gotta be one of the first licks you ever learn on a guitar...and the drums. Thanks M.

Big_Rob
June 14th, 2007, 09:50 AM
OMG! That was kick ***!!!

SuperSwede
June 14th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Sweet lineup of Fender amps.. But listening to too much surf music almost makes me nervous.

M29
June 14th, 2007, 08:15 PM
What is the silver dot in each cabinet, that is not a JBL is it? I don't think they were using them at that time. Weren't silver domed JBL speakers in some amps in the later 60's? Sunn, Kustom, West...

M29

sunvalleylaw
June 14th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks for posting that!

I love that stuff. Makes me want to dance around, and yell primally. :DR

Oldslowhand
June 15th, 2007, 12:30 PM
They always remind me of the British band The Shadows,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFwVSYQ3GUQ

guitartist
July 10th, 2007, 10:49 AM
I love the Ventures!

Man, the Ventures have recorded so many great albums...I especially love "Live in Japan '65", and their Christmas Album (my very favorite X-mas cd...took me 10 years to find a copy! glad it finally got rereleased). I also love that studio album that the Ventures released only in Japan around '69 or '70...its covers of a bunch of Japanese pop songs mixed with their own tunes (written with a Japanese flavor)...I forget the name of this album but it finally got released here in the US about 10 years ago and it just might be my favorite Ventures' recording... melancholic and melodic,very haunting sounding stuff.

I refuse to take the Rock n Roll HAll of Fame seriously until they induct them! They've been unjustly neglected by this institution.

Tim
July 10th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the links. I really enjoyed the Classical Gas version form the Ventures 1994 Youtube link. Can these DVDs still be purchased today?