PDA

View Full Version : Reverend Club King 290

kerc
June 14th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Received it yesterday, with a pretty cool TKL-built Reverend hardshell case. I'm happy! :D Here are the specs:

BODY semi-hollow with 5.5 mm solid spruce top on mahogany, and 'shooting star' f-hole. Black back and sides with cream binding. 19-1/4" x 14-3/4" x 1-3/4".
PICKUPS two Reverend P90's, output/tone calibrated for each position. Hum cancelling when combined.
NECK bolt-on, maple, amber tinted satin finish.
TRUSS ROD dual-action, access at headstock.
SCALE 25-1/2".
FINGERBOARD rosewood, 12" radius.
FRETS 22 medium jumbo.
NECK PROFILE medium oval.
NUT 1-21/32" (42 mm) width, graphite.
TUNERS Wilkinson EZ-Lock tuners with staggered heights.
BRIDGE TOM w/ stop tail.
CONTROLS custom volume & tone, Bass Contour, 3-way.
STRINGS 10-46.

Like my Warhawk, it plays wonderfully--Reverend makes excellent necks, with smooth finishes, and perfect frets. It has a very comfy profile, not to thin, not too thick, like a vintage Fender probably. Action is very low. The body has a beautiful burst finish with no blems, you can see the nice spruce grain, it's obviously one whole flat plank of spruce for the top. It's as loud acoustically as a Danelectro U2, maybe a little louder, with lots of definition and chime. Feels solid, very well put together, with nice hefty hardware and pots.

How does it sound? Awesome. This is a bad, bad girl. Those P90s growl sooo damn nice! This is a very nice blues rock machine, and you can hear every single note--this could be the Telecaster of semi-hollows; you can't hide behind it. I had to make myself stop playing, because the tones I was getting were pretty intoxicating. Hot damn. I'm here at work wanting to go home and play it.

:D

http://cyberjamarchive.com/uploads/Images/ck290_1.jpg
http://cyberjamarchive.com/uploads/Images/ck290_2.jpg

And here's a pic of my current guitar herd:

http://cyberjamarchive.com/uploads/Images/kerc_herd_20070613.jpg

8)

SuperSwede
June 14th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Ohhh! That is a really tasty semi Kerc! :)

Congrats.

Tone2TheBone
June 14th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Those Reverends grow on you after awhile. I really like that Warhawk HB. The Club King is sweet too though. I bet those Papa 90s sound sweet. I much prefer the bolt on necks on the Reverends.

duhvoodooman
June 14th, 2007, 09:59 AM
SUH-WEET!!! Looks like a winner, Kerc. We need some clips now, so the rest of us can hear those P90's growl!

Hmmm, I gotta get me a P90 guitar.... :eek: ;)

Spudman
June 14th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Very stylish. Congratulations!

tot_Ou_tard
June 14th, 2007, 08:46 PM
That is *EXACTLY* the guitar that I've been jonesing for for quite a d@mned while.

Thanks for the photos kerc. Looks better than on the Rev page.

Oooooo, clips! clips!

Puuhh-lease!

-------------------------------------------

Wait a minute!!! How did you get a burst CK290?

The web site only offers the burst for the 'bucker equipped model.

The P90 comes in metallic gold (looks like a tele) and midnight black.

kerc
June 15th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Wait a minute!!! How did you get a burst CK290?

The web site only offers the burst for the 'bucker equipped model.

The P90 comes in metallic gold (looks like a tele) and midnight black.

:D

Got it from my friend at Gorilla Guitars in Columbus, GA. He already had it in stock...

:DR