PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day

t_ross33
June 14th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Since I'm gonna be busy this weekend, thought I'd beat y'all to the punch and wish all the Pappa's in Fretland a Happy Father's Day! :DR

We're opening for the Poverty Plainsmen tomorrow night (first real big gig opening for "real", "professional" musicians) and I'm pretty stoked about that.

My dear wife is catering for various tournaments all weekend (started yesterday actually). Won't be seeing much of her, what with the 16 hr days she's putting in - so as of Saturday it's just me and the girls :)

My own Dad passed away last spring. He was/is my biggest musical influence and inspiration and I'm missing him lots right now. He wasn't able to get out to hear my band when we first got together - that would have been cool after all the gigs we did together back in "the day". Would have been a "passing the torch" kinda thing I guess. Oh well, I'm thinking of him lots between the big gig and the big weekend. I just hope I can be 1/2 the Dad to my girls that he was to me and my sister.

Love ya Dad! :DR

Trev

6STRINGS 9LIVES
June 14th, 2007, 06:58 PM
right back at ya T ROSS..that was well said...6S9L

sunvalleylaw
June 14th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Very nicely said. My Dad is also a big influence on me musically, though he does not play guitar, and in a lot of other ways too. Since taking up guitar, it has been fun to compare musical thoughts with him. He is a good sax player and has a great ear. On the other end, I am really enjoying the interest my kids show in my guitar, and with my oldest, his guitar. I am sure you are a great Dad, Trev and that your Dad smiles down at what you are doing based on his legacy. Thanks for the good Father's day thoughts. Happy Father's day to you and to the other fret fathers out there.

Tone2TheBone
June 14th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Thank you T_Ross and a Happy Fathers Day to you as well mate. Good luck on your gig have way too much fun and play something for us while you're up there. :) Happy Father's Day my friends.

Robert
June 15th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Good words Trev. Hope the gig goes great.

Happy Father's Day, all you daddies!

Justaguyin_nc
June 17th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Happy Fathers Day to one and all that have the fortune of being one!

duhvoodooman
June 17th, 2007, 11:14 AM
H.F.D. fellow dads!! http://www.thefret.net/images/icons/icon14.gif

pie_man_25
June 17th, 2007, 04:52 PM
yeah, happy father's day people!!