PDA

View Full Version : Letternet for my daughter

Guitar-Chris
January 26th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Hey this is a very urgent request :o

My daughter, getting 13 years old in march, 7th grade, is looking for an english speaking letter-friend. We do have a postal service hier, that is called letter-net. The latest adress which came from letter-net was in white-russia :( , but that is not what my daughter wants.

Perhaps you have an idea (one of your children if you have one?).

My daughter would like to write e-mails in english, but also "real" letters.

So, keep in mind, 13 is a difficult age so it is very urgent.:cool:

Iago
January 26th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Hum..I don`t know people that young in Brazil that can speak english... I got a friend who`s turning 16 now, and she lives in China (and studies in a American School in Shanghai, and she plays guitar too :))..maybe she could help! I`ll let you know.

Tone2TheBone
January 26th, 2006, 02:38 PM
How about my daughter? She's 13. Her birthday is also in March. She's already jamming "Smoke on the Water" with her guitar. Her English is not too bad. ;)

Guitar-Chris
January 26th, 2006, 03:44 PM
How about my daughter? She's 13. Her birthday is also in March. She's already jamming "Smoke on the Water" with her guitar. Her English is not too bad. ;)

That would be perfect. The email adress of my daughter is:

j.vdlinde@t-online.de (Julia van der Linde)

Tone2TheBone
January 26th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Cool, I'll let my daughter see the address here and she'll send her an email.

Nelskie
January 26th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Are there great folks involved in this forum, or what!! This post, and the one that Warren did a day or two w/ Iago coming to the US brought a big, wide smile to my face.

Tone2TheBone
January 26th, 2006, 04:28 PM
"It's a small world afterall".... :)

Guitar-Chris
January 27th, 2006, 12:32 AM
"It's a small world afterall".... :)

Yes, we live thousand miles apart from each other. But sometimes, when I enter the fret.net, i think we are friends in a small village :)

SuperSwede
January 27th, 2006, 06:10 AM
And what a nice village it is :)

Tone2TheBone
January 27th, 2006, 10:18 AM
SS and all,

You guys are right. I participate in other forums...fly fishing and guitar forums and THIS place is great. It's home really. The discussions we have are all done with tact and courtesy. We ARE like a family here and I hope it stays that way as our membership increases.

Guitar Chris - I told my daughter about your daughter and she'll send her something this weekend. Last night she had gobs of homework so she couldn't get around to sending anything...but she will.

Matt
January 27th, 2006, 06:00 PM
I would volonteer myself as I'm only 16, but as T2B's volonteered his daughter, she will probably have more to relate to (being a girl, and being 13 :P )

And I need to mooch around here a bit more before I call it home :D

regards

Matt

Tone2TheBone
January 30th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Hey GC my daughter tried sending an email on Saturday night but she got an error and returned email. Is the address you typed in correct?