PDA

View Full Version : Late Evening Fumblin' Blues

Robert
June 16th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Here's my latest blues fumble over some backing track I found.

Late Evening Fumblin' Blues (http://www.box.net/shared/static/5t22boe3lp.mp3)

It's the first take. I might redo this since I felt screwed up a few times too many. ;)

I think the guitar tone is pretty good though, or what say ye?

Jimi75
June 16th, 2007, 04:08 AM
Hi Robert,

It is really difficult to jam ovr a blues backing track for almost 5 minutes. Honestly, I could never do it because I would lack licks and tricks to soon.

The sound is very good as always and I do not mind some screw ups - man that's rock and roll - be real.

What I liked most was the lick starting aroung 1:39 and then from 1:48 on you sound for approx. 10 seconds like Tab Benoit.

3:10 is a typical Robert signature lick - I love that one and would like to find a video lesson for that particular lick.

This time you managed to do some "starting from outside the box" bendings that gave the whole song an authentic Albert King touch at times. ( 4:01-04:08)

What can I say more?

Great Rob!

By the way, check out Josh Smith, who does some videos for Xotic Pedals on Youtube and who's got a myspace under www.myspace.com/joshsmithguitar

You kind of remind me of his playing style when you play the blues.

Justaguyin_nc
June 16th, 2007, 08:12 AM
really enjoyed this alot Robert.. great tone man! (snaps fingers to da music) yeah man..go...

Robert
June 16th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Heh, thanks! I didn't know I had signature licks! I'm gonna try and redo that clip some day. I liked that tone I got and it deserves better.

Ya, those are Albert King bends - good of you to spot them. I love those, and I use them a lot.