PDA

View Full Version : OK now this really sucks

pes_laul
June 16th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Wow just when i thought anything more could have gone wrong with my squire strat ( new pickup selectors 3 times broken vibrato strings etc.) the trem arm snapped and a little peice is still stuck in that little hole should i drill it out or get a new bridge:eek:

333maxwell
June 16th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Wow just when i thought anything more could have gone wrong with my squire strat ( new pickup selectors 3 times broken vibrato strings etc.) the trem arm snapped and a little peice is still stuck in that little hole should i drill it out or get a new bridge:eek:

Have you tried sticking in a small screwdriver and backing it out with a little pressure?

If you can get a lil dremel you can cut a bit of a groove into it and that will help.

Or, as you mention, you could drill it out carefuly.. or reverse the bit and it might grab it enough to unscrew it..

There are other ways to get one out, I just can't remember them right atr the moment, but there is NO reason to get a New Shoe (replace the bridge) just because the lace broke.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=676362

pie_man_25
June 24th, 2007, 11:33 AM

wow, that sucks, but yeah, maybe you could try torquing it out with a
screwdriver, or, you could try heating the piece around it, which would cause it to expand and possibly let the thing out.

warren0728
June 24th, 2007, 11:51 AM
two words....duct tape! :D

ww

pie_man_25
June 26th, 2007, 07:24 AM
/\ hahaha

abraxas
June 26th, 2007, 08:16 AM
I don't think it's worth the effort... why don't you get a nice GFS or similar replacement instead? You do realize that the existing tremolo is never going to work correctly again, right?

pes_laul
July 3rd, 2007, 06:19 PM
I don't think it's worth the effort... why don't you get a nice GFS or similar replacement instead? You do realize that the existing tremolo is never going to work correctly again, right?
Yeah but to tell you the truth i have 3 dollars and 32 cents on me