PDA

View Full Version : AirSoft Guns

Justaguyin_nc
June 16th, 2007, 09:24 AM
I guess, some people never grow up.. I LIKE THAT!!

Recently, I took a trip back to Chicago for a week or so to visit family.
During a birthday party up there, my 40 something Nephew and I had been grilling out in the back yard when some Blue jays started to attack his dog.
The poor dog didn't have a chance and was just laying in the yard when this started.
Well, the Nephew walks into the house and returns a few seconds later armed with what looked just like a M-16 rifle.
Within seconds hundreds of plastic pellets fill the air and the BlueJays are gone!
He grins and tells me of these great 6mm plastic pellet shooting wonders.
Taking it in hand, it feels just like the real thing.. metal (mostly) and all!
Having some ballons around seeing its a birthday party, we quickly find safe non-living targets to fire at... I really enjoyed this and purchased a M-16 Rifle and Glock Pistol off the web as soon as I got home..lol!!
I have problems with Racoons and BlueJays bothering the cats around here.
Come to think of it, some stray cats are problems also.
Well, these little pellets wont kill nothing.. but on full auto will scare the heck out of any living creature known to man.. including man!

There are a ton of funny AirSoft YouTube fights.. check them out..
This sits someplace between the old Crossman BB guns and the Newer Paintball guns.. in fact you can get 6mm pellet paintballs they call markers..
Great fun if you like shooting and accurate to about 100-125 feet with speeds to 400fps..
If you ever go to purchase one.. get a good 8.4 volt electric AEG Mid-class to start with that has a "Metal Gear Box".. will run about $100.00-$150.00.. Jing Gong is a good name to watch for.. they make many of the China based guns (Echo1, UTG come to mind), which are clones of some Japan Company named Mauri.. those will cost you 250-400 in the same model. They have about every weapon currently used as a full size pellet gun.. pretty darn neat, if you haven't grown to old to enjoy yourself.

Anyone here a Airsoft junkie?

Spudman
June 16th, 2007, 01:06 PM
So what happens to all the plastic balls that end up in the environment?

Justaguyin_nc
June 16th, 2007, 01:13 PM
So what happens to all the plastic balls that end up in the environment?

They are:

Biodegradable BB's:
Biodegradable BB's are available, and are often required by outdoor fields where sweeping up is not an option, conventional BB's are a pollutant of the environment, most ordinary BB's have a mineral center coated with types of plastic that degrade over hundreds of years, if at all. Biodegradable BB's are made of various types of resin, often developed for the agricultural industry, and in the better makes are certified as compostable.
There is a mixture of degradable processes being used, soil microbes and photosensitive degradation. Bio BB development is now producing ammo with all the characteristics of the best of the conventional, with homogeneous resin construction.
Various EEC countries now only permit Bio ammo to be used, and many land agents are also insisting on their use on rented land. Airsoft worldwide is very late in coming to universal usage of biodegradable products which paint pall has long achieved with its munitions. Source: Wikipedia.org

;)

Spudman
June 16th, 2007, 05:12 PM
They are:

Airsoft worldwide is very late in coming to universal usage of biodegradable products which paint pall has long achieved with its munitions. Source: Wikipedia.org

;)

This is good to hear. Late but not negligent.

pie_man_25
June 17th, 2007, 04:59 PM
hey, I've heard of that airsoft stuff, has that ever seriously hurt someone? I mean, wear goggles or something, but people are bound to be stupid. Either way, my mother disagrees with that stuff and I'm a pacifist, so I couldn't deal with that kind of thing anyway.

Justaguyin_nc
June 17th, 2007, 05:05 PM
hey, I've heard of that airsoft stuff, has that ever seriously hurt someone? I mean, wear goggles or something, but people are bound to be stupid. Either way, my mother disagrees with that stuff and I'm a pacifist, so I couldn't deal with that kind of thing anyway.

Well... if your smart you wear goggles and a mask... but not everyone is smart.. some are just plain stupid..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0DiMwVxJhI

Tone2TheBone
June 18th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Wow that's pretty cool. I'm gassing for one now.

pie_man_25
June 19th, 2007, 02:08 PM
/\ I've read the term GAS before, but I'm a net noob, what exactly does it mean?