PDA

View Full Version : Cat Gut Waltz

333maxwell
June 16th, 2007, 07:14 PM
I recorded this this afternoon on nylon guitar, and after hearing it bazillion times, I have no clue if it sucks or not..

Any feedback would be appreciated!

thanks in advance..

Cat Gut Waltz

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=676362

tot_Ou_tard
June 17th, 2007, 06:33 AM
It most definitely does not suck.

I really like the tone you get from that nylon cat and the playing is quite sweet and taseful.

What guitar is that?

FrankAxtell
June 17th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Very pretty melody with great development of the melodic motif with nice execution. I respect anyone who plays nylon string classical guitar...it's a tough instrument to play well with good tone. Superb!

333maxwell
June 17th, 2007, 10:14 AM
It most deinitely does not suck.

I really like the tone you get from that nylon cat and the playing is quite sweet and taseful.

What guitar is that?

Howdy..

The guitar is a Yamaha G 55A

I think it is just a low end student model.. but my wife picked it up (broken headstock) for 30 bucks at a second hand store about 20 years ago, and it is one of those 'family fixture' kinda guitars..

Thanks for the feedback!

333maxwell
June 17th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Very pretty melody with great development of the melodic motif with nice execution. I respect anyone who plays nylon string classical guitar...it's a tough instrument to play well with good tone. Superb!

Thaks Frank..

I wanted to do an acoustic instrumental minus FX and added ambience and keys etc as I was picking up a bit of negative feedback ever since I discovered how fun VST soft synths are.. and they are a lot of fun..

So I figured I had better try and balance things out a bit.. it is easy to get caught up in technology.. not to mention I haven't played nylon guitar for some time.. I do think I shall spend more time with it in the near future.. I do like it a lot..

Thanks for the ear as always.. I appreciate it!

Justaguyin_nc
June 17th, 2007, 10:51 AM
well done Max... Thank you for the tune.. I like the sound of Nylon... you do it well.. Max you do it very well... MaxWell..

333maxwell
June 17th, 2007, 01:35 PM
well done Max... Thank you for the tune.. I like the sound of Nylon... you do it well.. Max you do it very well... MaxWell..

Thanks a lot..

hey.. how do you like the lil Epiphone amp? Is it the 5 or 15 watt?

Tell me about it if you have the time.

Justaguyin_nc
June 17th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks a lot..

hey.. how do you like the lil Epiphone amp? Is it the 5 or 15 watt?

Tell me about it if you have the time.

I love this amp!! Didn't at first.. but combined with a weber MicroMass.. I think it's just great!! read here for more info: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=2742

Robert
June 17th, 2007, 02:45 PM
That sounds really nice. You are a great player.

333maxwell
June 17th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I love this amp!! Didn't at first.. but combined with a weber MicroMass.. I think it's just great!! read here for more info: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=2742

Cool.. I went and read your initial review as well.

I have been using this lil inexpensive modeler and kept thinking 'well, maybe a better modler would suffice'..

But I think I could spend endlessly on modelers, and outside of cleans or rhythm tones, NEVER be satisfied.

Obviously my Twins or HRD is way too much beast for my flat, and a modeler just can't get an amped up sound....

I think I foresee a lil 5 watt epi in my future..

Thanks for the review!

333maxwell
June 17th, 2007, 03:26 PM
That sounds really nice. You are a great player.

Thanks Robert..
since I walked in the door here a week or so ago, you (and EVERYONE else) have been nothing but nice to me.,.

I certainly appreciate it.. and am really glad to of found this place.. it is amongst my favorite stops now, and I just seem to take the folks here a lot more seriously than the other places.

I feel as I have found a nice place to interact with my peers.. and I want to thank you again for being instrumental in my vibe about the joint.

I can't wait to get bak to a faster connection.. I have only got to graze a few of the many offerings by the others here thus far, and feel I am taking more than I am giving..

I appreciate everyone here so.. thanks again!

Katastrophe
June 17th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Awesome job, Maxwell! I gotta tell ya, I played this tune while I had Baby Kat (my 7 month old daughter) in my arms. She was fussy, and calmed right down! Very well played and very soothing.

tot_Ou_tard
June 17th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Awesome job, Maxwell! I gotta tell ya, I played this tune while I had Baby Kat (my 7 month old daughter) in my arms. She was fussy, and calmed right down! Very well played and very soothing.
Whoa!! The Katman takes a breath from soothing Baby Kat to post again!!!

Howz things on the family front Kat?

333maxwell
June 17th, 2007, 07:58 PM

thats great!

What is funny too is I was worried my 5 yr old was going to bust through the door at any second.. I set him up with old classic Loony Tunes and snacks and everything.. but just before that a pidgeon had flown into my window.. so he was a bit distracted..

What I mean is it is nice you were able to put one down to the same music I was trying to keep one down in.. (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT)
I appreciate the ear!

tot_Ou_tard
June 17th, 2007, 08:20 PM
I set him up with old classic Loony Tunes and snacks and everything..
Just wanted to give a shout out (first ever shout out, mind you) to classic looney tunes.

*LOONEY* freakin *TUNES*

Yeah, that felt nice. I'm glad that that isn't all (just yet) f-f-f-folks.

M29
June 17th, 2007, 10:14 PM
I really liked that! I keep it going while working on the computer nice feel and tone, very nice indeed!

M29

jpfeifer
June 17th, 2007, 11:22 PM
333maxwell,

Very nicely done. I like your tune a lot, and I know how hard it is to do solo guitar stuff. I like to do a lot of this kind of thing too, but it's a lifelong pursuit. Great playing and great writing. Keep it up.

-- Jim

Jimi75
June 18th, 2007, 12:49 AM
333maxwell,

I was very impressed by your tune. The beginning reminded me of the "Brokeback Mountain" soundtrack. You have managed to capture the great sound of your acoustic and to "deliver" emotions with your music.

Thank you for that beautiful piece of music - I'll put that one on my MP3 player for sure!

333maxwell
June 18th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Just wanted to give a shout out (first ever shout out, mind you) to classic looney tunes.

*LOONEY* freakin *TUNES*

Yeah, that felt nice. I'm glad that that isn't all (just yet) f-f-f-folks.

I am a bit of a shamelss Warner Bros era cartoon fanatic..

WOndeful stuff!

333maxwell
June 18th, 2007, 08:53 AM
333maxwell,

I was very impressed by your tune. The beginning reminded me of the "Brokeback Mountain" soundtrack. You have managed to capture the great sound of your acoustic and to "deliver" emotions with your music.

Thank you for that beautiful piece of music - I'll put that one on my MP3 player for sure!

Brokeback mountain eh?

I never saw the movie (I haven't seen any big screen in a long time)..

But I am in Montana.. creepy huh? *G*

Thanks for the kind words.. I appreciate it..

Now to get to a faster connection so I can check out your stuff too!

Jamie O
June 20th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Friggin superb!

why is there no clapping guy emoticon on here???

333maxwell
June 20th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Friggin superb!

Wonderful.. thanks for taking the time to feedback!

tot_Ou_tard
June 21st, 2007, 05:09 AM
Friggin superb!

Yeah, we need more emoticons.

Lev
June 21st, 2007, 06:14 AM
Very beautifully played!! I really like the other songs on your soundclick page also - I can hear some Beatles influence in your playing and composition.

333maxwell
June 21st, 2007, 12:08 PM
Very beautifully played!! I really like the other songs on your soundclick page also - I can hear some Beatles influence in your playing and composition.

Thanks..

I grew up on big doses of the Beatles, Hendrix, Mario Lanza, Bing Crosby, Charlie Parker and the likes...

Jamie O
June 21st, 2007, 08:37 PM
Am I off that this reminds me of White Summer in some parts, or is it just the style of it that reminds me?

insert question mark emoticon here.

333maxwell
June 22nd, 2007, 02:10 AM
Am I off that this reminds me of White Summer in some parts, or is it just the style of it that reminds me?

insert question mark emoticon here.

Tell me about White Summer when you get the time.. it is not ringing a bell at the moment?

Jamie O
June 22nd, 2007, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y68uEZWwcsg

White Summer! Now that I listen to it tho, I'm off. Maybe I was thinking of Little Martha by The Allmans.

333maxwell
June 23rd, 2007, 11:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y68uEZWwcsg

White Summer! Now that I listen to it tho, I'm off. Maybe I was thinking of Little Martha by The Allmans.

Now I am feeling really embarassed..

Lil Martha is not ringing a bell at the moment either..

Although it probably would if I heard it (again) as I certainly did my listening time with the Allmans way back when.,.

Nice to talk with ya again.

Katastrophe
June 24th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Whoa!! The Katman takes a breath from soothing Baby Kat to post again!!!

Howz things on the family front Kat?

Very busy... Mrs. Kat and I have new jobs, that entail a commute for both of us. It's about an hour one way into work for me. Baby Kat is doing great, and she's quite the little cutie. She's 7 months old now.

Sadly, not a whole lot of time left in the day to play. Mrs. Kat and I are working on that. My buddy that I was playing with moved to be closer to the job, so no one to play with in this area anymore. Other than that, things are going good in the Katastrophe household.

I don't get a chance to post alot these days, but when I get a spare second I catch up on the new threads.

Keep those clips coming, Maxwell! I enjoy listening to your playing.

SuperSwede
June 24th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Hey Kat! Good to see that you are still alive and kicking. Dont worry about the lack of guitar-time. I´ve been there too, eventually you will get more spare time.