PDA

View Full Version : New Song with vocals

Jimi75
June 17th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Buona sera amici!

I have just recorded the first layout of a new song.
Bluesy, jazzy kinda exotic thing with vocals.

Used a Marshall JTM45 (Line6 Flex III model) and my ESP Les Paul only in the neck position.

The song consists of first takes only, but I think some licks sound pretty okay.

Hope you enjoy and like it - would be glad to hear from you and please excuse some of the mistakes...it's late and I just played it from the heart.

http://www.box.net/shared/3b4klan006

Greetz
Jimi

333maxwell
June 17th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Buona sera amici!

I have just recorded the first layout of a new song.
Bluesy, jazzy kinda exotic thing with vocals.

Used a Marshall JTM45 (Line6 Flex III model) and my ESP Les Paul only in the neck position.

The song consists of first takes only, but I think some licks sound pretty okay.

Hope you enjoy and like it - would be glad to hear from you and please excuse some of the mistakes...it's late and I just played it from the heart.

http://www.box.net/shared/3b4klan006

Greetz
Jimi

Crap..

I tried and tried to play it, but my landline just can't handle it.. and I aint gonna download a 5 MB file right now because I am trying to dink around on the net and it is already painfuly slow.

I heard about 4 seconds, and then got real jealous... because it sounded great..
Damn these slow connections..

I can't wait to get back to civilization to give it a listen..

I might download it later.. but a 5 MB file on this backwoods connection would take over an hour and that is if no one touches the computer.

Best 3 seconds I had heard in a long time..

I hate landlines.

jpfeifer
June 17th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Jimi75,

Nice solo's and fills. You're doing some nice sounding lines over these changes. I like some of those arpeggiated runs to. Those sound realy nice.

-- Jim

tot_Ou_tard
June 18th, 2007, 05:41 AM
D@mn nice as usual Jimi!

Izzat your JV strat?

Jimi75
June 18th, 2007, 05:45 AM
D@mn nice as usual Jimi!

Izzat your JV strat?

Thank you tot!

It's my ESP Les Paul with Seymour Duncans....it sounds thinner than a Gibson Les Paul, so it has kind of fenderish allures at days :)

Jimi75
June 18th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Jimi75,

Nice solo's and fills. You're doing some nice sounding lines over these changes. I like some of those arpeggiated runs to. Those sound realy nice.

-- Jim

Thank you Jim....I had a good day playing out of the box a little and as it fit the new song I thought it's best to keep that on tape immediately.

Robert
June 18th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Hey, that was cool! I liked that sweep lick you did in the middle somewhere. Nice chord progression too. I miss some reverb or delay on the guitar maybe - it sounds a bit dry.

Good work, you're a talented musician!

Jimi75
June 18th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Hey, that was cool! I liked that sweep lick you did in the middle somewhere. Nice chord progression too. I miss some reverb or delay on the guitar maybe - it sounds a bit dry.

Good work, you're a talented musician!

Hello Robert, than you for that nice comment. You are right, I totally forget to throw in some reverb and delay - like I said it was a spontaneous recording, but I can't wait to get home and refresh the patch wiht some reverb and some tube echo..

FrankAxtell
June 18th, 2007, 09:51 AM
That's a kickin' tune...really enjoyed it!:D

warren0728
June 18th, 2007, 10:15 AM
very nice....your stuff is always good :DR

ww

tot_Ou_tard
June 18th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Thank you tot!

It's my ESP Les Paul with Seymour Duncans....it sounds thinner than a Gibson Les Paul, so it has kind of fenderish allures at days :)
No that's why I asked. It sounds thicker than a strat.

Iago
June 21st, 2007, 08:19 AM
eheheh I thought it was a strat!

great playing!

just didnt like all that reverb on the voice :)

Lev
June 21st, 2007, 09:14 AM
Loved it - vocals, guitar and mix all sounded great to me. Great job!