PDA

View Full Version : Pocket-POD by Line 6

Jimi75
June 18th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Have you already discovered this new product?

Old friend in a new outfit, but this time you don't have to carry around the kidney bean - this time it fits in your jacket.

I can imagine this thing is great for playing sessions, or take it with you when you are on holiday.

Last year I have played some sessions on holiday, it would have been great if I had my own sounds available with the pocket POD.

http://www.line6.com/pocketpod/index.html

:DR

tot_Ou_tard
June 18th, 2007, 05:31 AM
I had heard that this was coming out. Sounds great to take on trips with a travel sized electric guitar.

WackyT
June 18th, 2007, 06:31 AM
$130. That's not bad at all.

jasongins
June 18th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Pass the mylanta, I have GAS.

Robert
June 18th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Hey, that's awesome! That would be so cool to have!

Schh - what was that? Oh, just G.A.S ... :D:D:D

Justaguyin_nc
June 18th, 2007, 11:12 AM
darn that thing is cute... Plays Backingtracks too.. hmmm wonder how good the "free" software will be? Line6 is known for good software huh?

Jimi75
June 18th, 2007, 12:16 PM
darn that thing is cute... Plays Backingtracks too.. hmmm wonder how good the "free" software will be? Line6 is known for good software huh?

Exactly, their software products are very excellent.

DaveO
June 18th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Jimi, thanks for the plate of temptation. ;)
Dave

stingx
June 18th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Repackaged rubbish of old technology. I love Line 6 and my PodXT but when are they going to stop rehashing all the new products based on the old, outdated Pod 2.0 and do another upgrade for the XT or trump it with something NEW?

arch23
June 19th, 2007, 12:01 AM
I don't know line6 is expected to innovate all the time but it's OK for boss to stretch the hell out of it's COSM technology?
Line 6 is a business, they invested in a technology and need to get the most (profits) out of it. all the rest is secondary...

tot_Ou_tard
June 19th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Repackaged rubbish of old technology. I love Line 6 and my PodXT but when are they going to stop rehashing all the new products based on the old, outdated Pod 2.0 and do another upgrade for the XT or trump it with something NEW?
Some of us using VOX keep expecting them to make something trumps their current Valve Reactor stuff.

Tone2TheBone
June 19th, 2007, 09:06 AM
I wasn't impressed with the sound clips on the website. I love my 2.0 the models smoke.

Spudman
June 19th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Rockman wannabe. I'll stick with my XT.
I don't need no stinkin pocket POD.(said with Mexican accent like in the movie)

SuperSwede
June 24th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Hey Spudman, I didnt know that you had a XT? I thought you were a die hard Vamp fan.

Spudman
June 24th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Hey Spudman, I didnt know that you had a XT? I thought you were a die hard Vamp fan.

I splurged. I just had to have one of each. It's the curse of being a Libra.

SuperSwede
June 24th, 2007, 11:13 AM
How do you like it so far? I really dig mine, but there are some things that really worked better on the Tonelab. Especially the low wattage Fender amps.

*oops* I accidently edited your post.. dont worry I didn´t remove anything worth reading ;)

mikew
June 24th, 2007, 02:55 PM
The BOSS MicroBR is pretty cool also! It has about 80 patches that you can edit, built in drum loops, will play mp3's for you to play along with, can record, and edit your recordings also. The memory is just an SD card that you can replace with higher capacity ones. It's quite cool for only $100 more. Of course, it doesn't have a software interface to edit the patches, nor a 1/4" output line out.

Spudman
June 24th, 2007, 06:42 PM
How do you like it so far? I really dig mine, but there are some things that really worked better on the Tonelab. Especially the low wattage Fender amps.

*oops* I accidently edited your post.. dont worry I didn´t remove anything worth reading ;)

It has it's pluses and so does the Vamp Pro. There are more effects in the POD and that makes for some different patches. Some of the amps in the VAmp are really good too. I'm glad I have them both but I don't think I'll ever truly master either one.

SuperSwede
June 25th, 2007, 02:29 AM
It has it's pluses and so does the Vamp Pro. There are more effects in the POD and that makes for some different patches. Some of the amps in the VAmp are really good too. I'm glad I have them both but I don't think I'll ever truly master either one.

Yeah the V-amp (2) sounds really cool. I especially like the clean sounds, very crisp. I´ve only tried the rackmount version, but I guess that they are basically the same (only the D/A differs I think).
Just let me know if you want some of my XT patches.