PDA

View Full Version : Me and the band!

Iago
June 21st, 2007, 08:37 AM
no.. I'm not talking about Robbie Robertson, Levon Helm and Garth Hudson!

The song comes from a rehearsal we did monday night.. 11 songs (10 of our originals and a Beatles cover to relax..)

the band is called Theatro A8:

Henrique - voice, rhythm guitar
Saulo - voice, bass
Iago - lead guitar, backing vocal)
Diego - drums

The song is called "Aquele Rosto" (That Face) one of our more pop-ish tunes.

I screwed up here and there a lot hehe, I was nervous! and That's not a fuzz box! My tone got screwed up in the mix (though it was pretty good in the room) so the "sound engineer" (big A**H***. Thats what you get when recording in the cheapest place in town) had to use some compressors to put my guitar more to the front (at least thats what he said...) so I think that made the tone more fuzzy... well I WANT COMMENTS now! :p

about the guitars, drums, bass, the good ones and bad ones!

http://www.box.net/shared/uy1o6gt1gf
(added - Aquele Rosto 2nd try and À Meia Noite)

Iago
June 21st, 2007, 08:39 AM
Theres more coming next week I hope! I got only that as a sample till now.

Iago

Lev
June 21st, 2007, 09:07 AM
Sounds like you were having a good time - I can imagine lots of people dancing to that tune in a bar on a saturday night - I liked the guitar solo too - it's a shame it got kinda drowned out in the mix - fire that sound engineer!!

Tone2TheBone
June 21st, 2007, 09:09 AM
Hey cool man! I'll have a listen tonight when I get home.

Spudman
June 21st, 2007, 06:38 PM
Awesome! Way to go dude...except I can't understand the vocals.;) Sounds great.

Iago
June 21st, 2007, 09:30 PM
ahhahaha i figured u couldnt understand! not many portuguese speakers around here ehhee, well we played that song twice that day, I wonder if the second one was better (that was surely the first try)... 'cause I can't remember! :D tHanks Spud and Lev! Tone go listen!

sunvalleylaw
June 21st, 2007, 11:11 PM
I enjoyed it and imagined a fun party on a warm Brazilian night! I agree that the guitar solo doesn't stand out much volumewise in the mix, but it is nice to listen to!

aeolian
June 22nd, 2007, 10:41 AM
The band sounds good, and the song is catchy. It shouldn't be hard to get a better recording than that though.

Justaguyin_nc
June 22nd, 2007, 10:56 AM
That's not a fuzz box! My tone got screwed up in the mix (though it was pretty good in the room) so the "sound engineer" (big A**H***. Thats what you get when recording in the cheapest place in town) had to use some compressors to put my guitar more to the front (at least thats what he said...) so I think that made the tone more fuzzy... well I WANT COMMENTS now! :p

about the guitars, drums, bass, the good ones and bad ones!

Well, I was gonna comment on the "FUZZ".. I liked it!! Been getting into fuzz here lately and was good to hear some..:) (shows ya what I know)

As a group..you guys did good.. in spite of the sound engineer!
Liked the drummer... bass was cool... great beat
Keep fuzz'n...

warren0728
June 22nd, 2007, 12:05 PM
sounds good iago....a better mix would definitely help....can't wait to hear more! :DR

ww

Tim
June 22nd, 2007, 12:17 PM
Cool song Iago! Rock and Roll is Rock and Roll no matter where you go. It is a universal language. I can’t wait to hear more.

Iago
June 22nd, 2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks for all teh comments guys!

Tomorrow I'll be uploading more (I got the full CD this afternoon). The second try of Aquele Rosto is much better really. Th eguitars still sounds like an Atari though :D

Iago
June 23rd, 2007, 09:56 AM
Aquele Rosto Vr. 2
À Meia Noite (at midnight) :

Tim
June 23rd, 2007, 02:56 PM
Oh Yea! A whole lot better Iago. The sound is clearer on these songs.

SuperSwede
June 24th, 2007, 02:13 AM
Nice songs Iago.. Very bouncy upbeat rhythm on À Meia Noit. I really like that one.

LagrangeCalvert
June 24th, 2007, 02:20 PM
very catchy, very fun and upbeat......if I may ask....this is not spanish methinks...... or is it?

Iago
June 24th, 2007, 02:49 PM
no not spanish, that's portuguese haahaha

*one more song added - Dessa Vez (This Time)

warren0728
June 24th, 2007, 04:45 PM
much better iago! sounds really good... :DR

ww