PDA

View Full Version : K-100 : a 100 mile relay starting tomorrow

Robert
June 22nd, 2007, 08:17 AM
I am off to run the K-100 relay in the mountains. Check out http://www.k-100relay.ca/ for more info.

We have a strong team, consisting of 6 men and 4 women. I think we have a good chance of winning the mixed category!

Now look at the leg I am running - http://www.k-100relay.ca/leg_five.htm - one of the toughest runs I have ever done. I ran this same one in 2005, but hit the wall badly at about 13 kilometres in. This time I hope to do better.

I'll be back home Sunday night. Wish us luck! :)

Jimi75
June 22nd, 2007, 08:23 AM
Now that's a tough profile Robert!

Good luck with your run!

sunvalleylaw
June 22nd, 2007, 09:05 AM
Wow, 17.6k, short enough so you really have to push, but long enough to make it really tough, esp. on that terrain. You know the course now though so I bet you blast right through any wall that exists and crush it this year! Happy racing!

P.S. The pic of the course on the main page of the first link looks beautiful!
P.P.S. I just looked at some of the other pics on the site. What a great, beautiful course! And even though it is supposed to be warm this weekend, looks high enough with snow around to be comfortable temp wise. I went on a killer mountain bike ride last night in remote, high mountain terrain with great views. It was a tough rocky ride, but good views, and it was way cooler than down in the valleys. Made a big difference on both counts.

Tone2TheBone
June 22nd, 2007, 09:41 AM
Run Forest Runnnnnn. Good luck man. Run your arse off and win win win!

ted s
June 22nd, 2007, 10:33 AM
Good luck, have fun.. 100 miles... ?!?!pphhhh.. drive safely .. ;)

pie_man_25
June 22nd, 2007, 12:25 PM
wow man, that's pretty long, you sure you can do it?

Spudman
June 22nd, 2007, 02:37 PM
7% - 450 vertical - pah, should be a piece of cake for you eh?

If I could be there I'd crew for you and root you on. Undoubtedly you'll have better looking groupies than me in attendance so I'll just say 'go man go!'

Don't forget your shoes and corn starch. :)

Robert
June 25th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Thanks guys, we had a blast. We placed 4th overall, but there is a possibility the 3rd team will get a penalty which would put us in 3rd place.

I had a real good run on leg 5 - over 3 minutes faster than when I ran it 2 years ago!

I'll post some pictures later on. It was faaaaantaaaaaaastic! The weather completely amazing too - just run in the sun!

Spudman
June 25th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Sounds great and I'm glad you're still alive. :)

pie_man_25
June 25th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks guys, we had a blast. We placed 4th overall, but there is a possibility the 3rd team will get a penalty which would put us in 3rd place.

I had a real good run on leg 5 - over 3 minutes faster than when I ran it 2 years ago!

I'll post some pictures later on. It was faaaaantaaaaaaastic! The weather completely amazing too - just run in the sun!

well, congratulations robert! it sounds like you had a great time!

sunvalleylaw
June 25th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Congrats Robert! Can't wait to see the pics!

Robert
June 25th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Here's me on leg 5, and a picture of our team. Check out the mountains behind us! :D

Tone2TheBone
June 25th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Where's my sunglasses....man you need a tan! ;) Cool pics. What a nice looking place that is. I don't even know if I remember how to run. heh

duhvoodooman
June 25th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Nice pics! Beautiful country!!

I ran this weekend, too--ran down to the beverage center to buy beer. By car, of course.... ;) :D

Spudman
June 25th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Dude, I can't believe you let that girl pass you. :D

Tone2TheBone
June 25th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Dude, I can't believe you let that girl pass you. :D

I dunno that girl looks kinda cute I think he played that move right. :p

Robert
June 25th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Funny thing is that girl I know very well - she trains with our group. She started 2 minutes ahead of me and she was very nervous about her run. The hills on this leg are quite insane! She did fine though.

The good thing about running a lot is you can eat what you want and have lotsa beer without it ever showing on your gut!

sunvalleylaw
June 25th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Nah, I see the hunt on his face. Robert, Did you throw an elbow on the way by?! :eek: EDIT: oops, I didn't see you knew her.

BTW, is the quote in your sig line from the King series and related to the kid he finds in the first book? I am closing in on the end of the first book. Last quarter to the end. I am getting into it!

This weekend we backpacked in to a high alpine lake in similar terrain. We are in similar mountains but further south. A bit drier but similar. The kids did great!

Robert
June 25th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Yep, Steve, right on. Jake's story is very interesting.

Here's another scenic shot of Kananaskis.

Jimi75
June 25th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Holy God, Robert, what a landscape!

Well this must have given you some input for a song!
You can't just run through such a nature without having any idea or sound in your head.....

Congrats by the way for that unbelievable run.

P.S.:
I hear big Chorus and Delay when seeing those mountains and lakes.....cool sound, lots of room...blablabla....guess I have to talk less......no wait, think Jeff Beck.......:p

Spudman
June 25th, 2007, 05:57 PM
The good thing about running a lot is you can eat what you want and have lotsa beer without it ever showing on your gut!

That really only works while you are younger. Beware!

I'm looking at those big granite slabs and thinking, "now there is a playground."

ted s
June 25th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Good on'ya Robert ! Beauti country side, I keep saying I have to visit that way.