PDA

View Full Version : Digital cameras

Robert
January 29th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Thinking about a Digital SLR (some day) - a Canon Digital Rebel XT. Warren and Tony might have some input? My plan is to buy just the camera body and get a better lens separately.

Do you have any tips for someone getting into photography? Any good books? Being a web designer, I'm deeply into Photoshop, but I could learn a few things about taking great photos.

Right now we have a Casio budget family 5MP camera - point and shoot. Does a good job but leaves me wanting more.

warren0728
January 29th, 2006, 02:49 PM
robert,

you can't go wrong with the canon slr's. The stock lenses aren't bad. The canon "L" series lenses are their top of the line but are very pricey.

I have a canon 20d and "L" series lenses that i use for most of my commercial work...it is sweet. I have friends who swear by nikons but i will put my 20d up against the nikons any day! My friend in nyc has a canon digital rebel that i used at the coney island mermaid parade this past summer and it was nice.

I also have a canon delphi elph 5 megapixel camera that i take with me on trips It is good to (not an slr...a point and shoot).

ww