PDA

View Full Version : buying stuff via internet

pie_man_25
June 27th, 2007, 09:35 AM
My objective:
to buy this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/OLP-MM2-4String-Bass-Guitar?sku=516050

using musicains friend website.

unfortunately, I am internet illiterate, and do not understand the process of buying stuff online, can anyone help me with the whole concept, although, i'll probably use their mail order number instead.

333maxwell
June 27th, 2007, 04:16 PM
My objective:
to buy this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/OLP-MM2-4String-Bass-Guitar?sku=516050

using musicains friend website.

unfortunately, I am internet illiterate, and do not understand the process of buying stuff online, can anyone help me with the whole concept, although, i'll probably use their mail order number instead.

Musicians friend is one of the oldest, dependable internet ordering outfits I have found for my money.

I have used them since I lived next door to their original tiny Warehouse in Medford Oregon and way before they went online.

IN trust that I can make a valid purchase with them 100 percent.. THIS IS NOT TO SAY THEY HAVEN'T F'D UP BIG BIG BIG Time before..

But in each and EVERY case they made it right.. (they never did give me back the wasted time, but 'real time' biz is just as bad if not worse as that you actualy have to locate yourself to gripe vs click a mouse)..

ALl I am saying, is I am of the opinion they have amongst the best deals, easiest access and trustworthy service as anyone in the industry.

_________

AND NOW THE CONS...

They have been instrumental in killing the small ma and pa shops, making gear cheaper, and more accesable, but at the cost of pros who know what they are talking about and sense of musical community.

______

Inevitably they WILL screw up an order now and then.. WHen you recieve your package even though you are sure everything works and you just wanna play.. KEEP ALL THE ORIGINAL EVERYTHING.. EVERYTHING>. that scrap of horse har and fuzzballs in the corner... KEEP IT>> Make NO exception.. when you recieve an order, KEEP EVERYTHING and send it back (if need be) packaged as it was packaged upon reciept..

That is your insurance policy.. 'Buy on good faith, open up and retain the packaging in good faith"

If you keep the original materials together, and re-package a bad order (A pain in the butt) ... in my experience ...they have ALWAYS made good, and many times better on any questionable item..

Sorry for rambling.. I just meant to say you can trust them (and try http://music123.com as well for generic internet music warehouses) to deliver what they say they will.. even if it has a hang up or two..

pie_man_25
June 28th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Musicians friend is one of the oldest, dependable internet ordering outfits I have found for my money.

I have used them since I lived next door to their original tiny Warehouse in Medford Oregon and way before they went online.

IN trust that I can make a valid purchase with them 100 percent.. THIS IS NOT TO SAY THEY HAVEN'T F'D UP BIG BIG BIG Time before..

But in each and EVERY case they made it right.. (they never did give me back the wasted time, but 'real time' biz is just as bad if not worse as that you actualy have to locate yourself to gripe vs click a mouse)..

ALl I am saying, is I am of the opinion they have amongst the best deals, easiest access and trustworthy service as anyone in the industry.

_________

AND NOW THE CONS...

They have been instrumental in killing the small ma and pa shops, making gear cheaper, and more accesable, but at the cost of pros who know what they are talking about and sense of musical community.

______

Inevitably they WILL screw up an order now and then.. WHen you recieve your package even though you are sure everything works and you just wanna play.. KEEP ALL THE ORIGINAL EVERYTHING.. EVERYTHING>. that scrap of horse har and fuzzballs in the corner... KEEP IT>> Make NO exception.. when you recieve an order, KEEP EVERYTHING and send it back (if need be) packaged as it was packaged upon reciept..

That is your insurance policy.. 'Buy on good faith, open up and retain the packaging in good faith"

If you keep the original materials together, and re-package a bad order (A pain in the butt) ... in my experience ...they have ALWAYS made good, and many times better on any questionable item..

Sorry for rambling.. I just meant to say you can trust them (and try http://music123.com as well for generic internet music warehouses) to deliver what they say they will.. even if it has a hang up or two..

thanks for the advice, but you completely missed the question, which was HOW DO I BUY STUFF OVER THE INTERNETS!?!?!?!@@@@@@1

although, that was good advice.

oldguy
June 28th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Get on the website, click on what you want to buy, read the description, then click "buy now", or "add to cart", or whatever they call it if you want to purchase it.
Then there will be an online form to fill out for your address to ship it to.
Then you'll have to fill out all your credit card information on a page and hit the "OK", or "Purchase", or whatever they call it.
All sites are a little different, in how they word a purchase, but that's how it pretty much works....

1. Find what you want to buy on the site.
2. Click on it, read the description, hit the "Buy" button.
3. Fill out your address so they know where to ship it.
4. Give them your credit card information and hit the "OK" button.

That's about all I can think of for now....

Spudman
June 28th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Old Guy has a good solution.

Or...you can send your money to me and I'll buy it for you.;)

You really need a credit card to be successful or a (gasp) Paypal account.

pie_man_25
June 29th, 2007, 10:24 AM
OOOHHH, so that's how it works, it so easy! I feel so stupid now, oh well! I'll just have to convince my parents and stuff, or call their 1-800 number and mail-order it. Well, I'm just getting it so I can tear it apart for the bass I'm making, I'm probably going to make it out of oak, but it might bend too much.