PDA

View Full Version : Old live clip 1988 - Spöken!

Robert
June 28th, 2007, 03:14 PM
This song is called "Ghosts" (although in Swedish - Spöken) - this was my first real band I was in.

Spöken... (http://www.box.net/shared/static/gch926ls4h.mp3)

The recording is live and I remember I was very nervous, which is partly why my timing is quite off.

I used a white Hamer Steve Stevens signature guitar, and I played through a Roland GP-8, which was so hyped back then. It really sucked to be honest.

M29
June 28th, 2007, 03:42 PM
A nice sound, I would say that band had great potential! I would like to hear more.

M29

6STRINGS 9LIVES
June 28th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Very cool .. great recording ..did you mean live as in a bar or live as in a one take recording ..

Robert
June 28th, 2007, 07:35 PM
It was a live gig on a big stage, not a bar stage. We had a fantastic sound man. Thanks for the comments!

LagrangeCalvert
June 28th, 2007, 11:15 PM
That was a great song....though I couldn't comprehend the vocals....I'm only fluen't in 1 1/2 languages...and the 1/2 is Spanish...broken at its best.

I didn't notice that many slips in the song...compared to most bar bands you guys sounded tight together. Was a tad long for my crappy tastes...but all in all you always seem to impress me...great work rob.

Jimi75
June 29th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Hey, Swedish is very close to German. I managed to understand quite a bit of what was spoken....

I like that typical 80's sound very much. Robert, you are lucky that in 88 you were old enough to swim on that wave.

How come you played that kind of music, I mean as a guitar player in Sweden in the mid to end 80's, thinking of "The final coountdown", I expected some Hairmetal ;)

Great music, I really enjoyed it and I also would like to hear more of that.

Robert
June 29th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Thanks - I played heavier rock earlier and later, but at that time we were very influenced by Mr Mister, Toto, Chicago, etc. Europe was huge band then, but we never went into that style of music. I also hadn't matured as a guitar player at the time.

marnold
June 29th, 2007, 08:11 AM
VERY 80s keyboard. The song seems very Toto-esque. I wish I still had some recordings of the ill-fated metal band or the bluegrass band I was in in college.

Jimi, regarding the similarity to German: I've always joked that Swedish, Dutch, etc., were just German spelled badly. I usually only shared that with people of Swedish (or other) descent who were very proud of not being German. Of course, these days I can speak enough German to pass myself off as a very, very slow two year old.

SuperSwede
June 29th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Whoa! Some umedialekt and a really cool 80´s sound! Thumbs up!

Iago
June 29th, 2007, 03:18 PM
I quite liked it!