PDA

View Full Version : would this work?

LagrangeCalvert
June 28th, 2007, 11:42 PM
I am thinking of going to graph tech saddles on my tune-o-matic....and was tinkering with the idea of wraping the strings around the stop tail...would it be possible to put a wrap around bridge piece where the stop tail goes and still use the tune-o-matic?....I really don't like the idea of the string being able to wobble on a stop tail with no way of holding them still...I know you get better sustain the guitar feels a lot more slinky for bends and soloing when you wrap the strings around the bridge, but would I be hurting more than helping by putting a true wrap around with the t-o-matic? I already have a LSR roller nut on my LP and now I want graph tech saddles-like my strat setup cause I don't break strings on the strat - cause they also open up the midrange and help with sustain.....

Thoughts, suggestions, Flames?......

Josh.

Spudman
June 29th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Why do you have a roller nut on a Les Paul? Does it have a tremolo?

The only reason I would recommend wrapping is if your tail piece is set up too high and you can't lower it. Otherwise, screw the posts on the stop tail piece down low and you shouldn't have any problems unless you are breaking strings. In which case I would then install Graphtec saddles.

Changing the stop tail piece height will also affect tone and sustain.

LagrangeCalvert
June 29th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Why do you have a roller nut on a Les Paul? Does it have a tremolo?

Changing the stop tail piece height will also affect tone and sustain.

I do a lot of overbends so I install them on all guitars I have........Ive only broken one string on my paul and it was on an old set.....I have herd that you get a slinkier feel if you wrap the strings around the stop tail piece.