PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Home Chicago - video from gig

Robert
June 30th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Live clip of the Myra Marshall Band playing Sweet Home Chicago.

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-47.php

With the $45 Fullerton Strat copy and my Hellhound + ZYS.

warren0728
June 30th, 2007, 12:23 PM
excellent robert...glad to hear those blues and more of your screaming solos! :DR

Is it just me or is your bass player blurry in every video....is he on the witness protection program or something? :D

ww

sunvalleylaw
July 1st, 2007, 10:09 PM
Awesome Robert!

Robert
July 1st, 2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks guys! It's only rock'n roll but I like it... ;)

Jimi75
July 2nd, 2007, 12:41 AM
That was great! Myra really understands to get the song going into the right direction. I mean, we are talking about "Sweet home Chicago" and it is definitely very difficult to interpret this song, as it has been played 1Mio times. I still get soft knees when listening to the Robert Johnhson record...but your version smokes and has a nice "roughness" factor to it.

Your guitar Sound is great and the ZYS does a great job as far as I can judge from the video - I freak out seeing how much you are in control of your guitarplaying no matter what you play!

From the musical point of view I find that Myra's voice and your playing fit very well Robert.

zeusse
July 21st, 2007, 11:43 AM
And also proving the point a $45buck guitar can sound great awesome Robert:)

Tim
July 21st, 2007, 12:34 PM
Nice clip Robert. Mayra sure does enjoy singing. She also like to dance when she sings. I bet the people in the audience can't help but get up and dance, dance, dance.

Robert
July 21st, 2007, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys, Myra and I work well together. She's such a great vocalist so my job is easy. People do come up and dance sometimes - it depends on what kind of crowd it is. :)