PDA

View Full Version : Roger Mayer Fuzz & Wah

Jimi75
June 30th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Hey friends,

it's 22.03h, had a few beers after my sons 5th birthdayparty, am constantly running on Jimi Hendrix mode and so I picked out my Axis Fuzz (the orange thing that looks like a rocket) and my Roger Mayer modified Wah.

Haven't been using this stuff in a while.

Here's what I did:
Put the Axis Volume on 3 o' clock and Drive on 2 o' clock. Except of the first few seconds the pedal is on all the time and everything is regulated with the volume pot (the pot is noisy...have to put on some contact spray).

Amp: Flex III Marshall Plexi 1959 model, everything on 10
Guitar: 62 custom Strat with RW neck

I love the Axis pedal as it is capable of freshening up every guitarsound and the control via vol. poti, it's unbelievable linear.

Please excuse my playing, I had my fun and I think this clip gives you a good impression of the pedal and how dynamic it really is.

http://www.box.net/shared/krams2yl9s

Greetz
Jimi

snarph
July 1st, 2007, 07:26 AM
Cool sound like fun and a five year old too :):):)

sunvalleylaw
July 1st, 2007, 07:55 AM
I like the sounds Jimi! Wish I played that well with a head buzz after one of my kid's birthday parties! I gotta learn me some of that. Maybe I can play with the fuzz settings in the Korg to get some of that noise.

duhvoodooman
July 1st, 2007, 12:37 PM
Some great Hendrixian tones & licks in there! Enjoyed that immensely! :DR

FrankAxtell
July 1st, 2007, 09:00 PM
Yeah man!! really diggin' your tone! a big thumbs up bro.

Robert
July 1st, 2007, 09:56 PM
Jimi, that sounded fantastic! What vibe effect were you using?

Did you mic your amp, or was it line-in?

Love the Hendrix in you, brother! You know I am a Hendrix addict too!

Jimi75
July 2nd, 2007, 12:36 AM
Hey folks,

I am totally happy to hear that you like the clip - to be honest, I was afraid posting it, because I could never bear to present Jimi's music or style with an unadequate soundclip.

@Robert:
I used the direct XLR out of my Line6, this output uses a modeled SM57.

The Univibe effect is unfortunately only the Line6 one, I have an 8year old Dunlop Univibe with Footcontroller that sounds very sweet, but it is in the basement and I live 3dr floor, so please excuse I was to lazy to get it, but I wil make a demo clip with it soon.

As I said, I make long journey's through each type of music, but I always come back to Jimi! No matter if it is my Stockholm bootlegs with horrible sound or some of Jimi's demos - I am always captured from the first note on!