PDA

View Full Version : Wesbite for my Artwork

R_of_G
July 3rd, 2007, 10:40 AM
Fellow Fretters, I am proud to announce the opening of a website for my artwork [ie. what I do when not playing guitar]. My medium is digital painting. Enjoy...

www.jaysonkaplan.com
:cool:

Tone2TheBone
July 3rd, 2007, 10:48 AM
Interesting. Can you explain the process of digital painting?

Tim
July 3rd, 2007, 11:16 AM
Nice art work. There are a few that would look cool on a guitar body. Good luck in the business.

R_of_G
July 3rd, 2007, 12:30 PM
Interesting. Can you explain the process of digital painting?

Thanks. Simplest explanation, I use Adobe Photoshop to repilcate traditional painting techniques. Everything you see in the galleries was rendered from a completely blank slate, and created in Photoshop [using the brushes and tools available]. When the image is complete, they are then printed as high quality giclees on canvas [like prints you would find in a museum store].

R_of_G
July 3rd, 2007, 12:31 PM
Nice art work. There are a few that would look cool on a guitar body. Good luck in the business.

Thanks Tim!
Yes, there are several designs I would love to give to a luthier and have incorporated into a design for a custom axe. Someday when I have the money I will pursue this dream [customizing a guitar right down to using my own artwork].

pie_man_25
July 4th, 2007, 09:17 AM
That's some pretty interesting stuff! I know a guy who's disabled, he's a bloody genious, the only problem is that the school's art teacher's don't believe in digital art, which is a real shame because I don't think art should be limited to those who aren't disabled. Besides, art is a form of expression, and they're basically saying, no you shouldn't create art because you are crippled,
and let's face it, that's unfair because nobody chose to be crippled, nobody chose to be different, and I don't blame them for thinking that way because, they didn't choose to have prejudice.

Is it just me or is that a bit of a rant?

Tim
July 4th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Hey Pieman - That was a rant ... but an honest & true rant. Rant on brother!

abraxas
July 4th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Man, I really love this kind of art... those paintings just "beg" to be made into musical compositions! :)

R_of_G
July 4th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Is it just me or is that a bit of a rant?

It was, but justifiably so. I def understand the anti-digital bias that pervades a lot of the art world. Then again harpsicord players didn't like the piano but the piano stayed, so digital art will have it's day.

tot_Ou_tard
July 5th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Wow! Excellent stuff, RoG!!!

Brian Krashpad
July 5th, 2007, 07:10 AM
That's cool Jayson. You got that mandala thing goin on.

R_of_G
July 5th, 2007, 08:38 AM
That's cool Jayson. You got that mandala thing goin on.

Thankee Brian. Tibetan mandala art is indeed a HUGE influence on my artwork. Interestingly, the biggest influence on my art is whatever music I am listening to when I am making it. For a lot of the untitled ones, I have notes about what I was listening to when I made it. A lot of them were done to Ribot or Frisell, but some Jimi, some Django, etc. Visual or audio art, music is always my biggest influencing factor.