PDA

View Full Version : The Fret appreciation - Post no. 500!

Jimi75
July 4th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Hey fellows,

I made up my mind to make my post no. 500 an appreciation.
Just for your understanding, usually I am lazy as hell writing things, but since I became a member of the fret some things changed, because I feel that I am talking to like-minded people. Don't know how many times I have posted on other boards before finding "the fret" and it made me feel empty seeing stupid answers and unpassionate members. Most of the time I stopped posting after some weeks.

What has changed since August 2006? Well, I have learned that this forum has a high degree of respect for each other and although it is virtual, everyone in here shaped his charecteristics, which is quite exceptional. My way of evalutating things is another nowadays, my appreciation for the small things really grew. Through your many posts, I have regained the pleasure of experimenting with my pedals that were doomed to remain in the basement forever. Believe it or not, but my GAS diminished or at least I have made some very nice experiences with 15,99€ pedals, because your soundclips and reports showed me that it doesn't have to be boutique all the time.

I have started practicing again and my way of practicing and especially the way of dealing with new musical lessons changed - thanks Robert for your many video and soundclips which are pure motivation to me and thank you guys for the many songs and sounds you post! I feel that the fret was my ticket to get the music back to the place where it felt good to me - I finally could speak about everything guitar and receive answers that help me in many ways.

It is a good feeling to know that we go through our musical ups and downs and many other things together and to see the growth of this forum.

It is clear that this forum lives from all its members and their input, but at this point I would like to thank Rob and the crew of moderators for maintaining this forum and making it one of the best places on the internet.

Champaign - hand me your glasses please! It's party time!

Greetz
Jimi

SuperSwede
July 4th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Thanks for contributing Jimi!
The fretnet sure is a different forum compared to many other guitar related forums on the web, and its up to all us users to keep it that way.

Party? Oh yes, just tell us your adress and we´ll be there asap ;)

tot_Ou_tard
July 4th, 2007, 05:41 AM
I'll join the party!

Thanks Robert & everyone else.

Cheers!

What are the German & Swedish words used when toasting with a glass of champagne?

Jimi75
July 4th, 2007, 06:03 AM
I'll join the party!

Thanks Robert & everyone else.

Cheers!

What are the German & Swedish words used when toasting with a glass of champagne?

Prost = German

tot_Ou_tard
July 4th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Prost = German Well then,

Prost!...& down the hatch.

Robert
July 4th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Thanks Jimi for your appreciation! I can only redirect all the support to all our active fretters, who are what make this place tick. Thanks to all of you!

Skål : Swedish for Cheers!

Spudman
July 4th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Viel Danke!
Glad that you appreciate it here. So do we (me).:)

oldguy
July 4th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Yes, absolutely, toast! Cheers, and thank you, one and all, administrators, members, fretters, and everyone who keeps this site interesting, civil, helpful, and fun.:D :D

duhvoodooman
July 4th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Thank you, Jimi, for your many interesting posts, audio clips, reminiscences of meetings with famous musicians, etc. And to everyone else who makes TheFret the very unique little corner of the internet that it is, especially our founder/proprietor, Robert. Like the youngsters say, "You RAWK, man!!" :DR :R :DR

Tim
July 4th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Well to the the other 500 club! 1000 is just a few key strokes away.

pie_man_25
July 4th, 2007, 09:31 AM
/\ yep, and then we'll be bring out the expensive stuff!
Kippish! which I believe is either belgian or norwegian for cheers!

Lev
July 4th, 2007, 09:45 AM
+1 Jimi

Go Raibh Maith Agaibh (Irish)

Mark
July 4th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Cheers to all! The Fret is undoubtedly one of the nicer places to visit on the Innermess! Thanks again Robert and all you mod for all you do.

Robert
July 4th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Thank you, Jimi, for your many interesting posts, audio clips, reminiscences of meetings with famous musicians, etc. And to everyone else who makes TheFret the very unique little corner of the internet that it is, especially our founder/proprietor, Robert. Like the youngsters say, "You RAWK, man!!" :DR :R :DR

Thanks - all us fretters RAWK - agreed!?:D

warren0728
July 4th, 2007, 02:53 PM
i must agree jimi...the fret is really the only forum i post to consistently (although i haven't been doing much posting while going through this whole divorce thing). But this is a special forum and i'll be back to my smart a$$ posting too much self soon! :D :DR ;) :D

ww

Robert
July 4th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah, Warren, we really miss your smart-azz! :D

sunvalleylaw
July 4th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Happy 500th Jimi! I sure have benefited from your participation. Thanks to you and all you others who have welcomed me as a new guitarist and helped me along!

pie_man_25
July 4th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Thanks - all us fretters RAWK - agreed!?:D

no, I don't agree... I concur, it's basically agreeing, except it sounds better!

M29
July 4th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Thank you all for all your time and help. And thank you Robert for your time and excellent site. I see you are on GuitarSite.com now. Did you know this?

M29

Robert
July 4th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Guitarsite.com? Where there? I didn't know - thanks for letting me know.

Spudman
July 4th, 2007, 10:32 PM
You are being noticed Robert.
http://www.guitarsite.com/news/guitarvideo/

tot_Ou_tard
July 5th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Yeah, Warren, we really miss your smart-azz! :D
Agreed!!

M29
July 5th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Hello Robert,

I forgot the link. http://www.guitarsite.com/news/guitarvideo/sx_strat_demo/

I see it was mentioned above. Thanks

M29

marnold
July 5th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Prost = German
*singing with bier in hand* "Ein Prosit, ein Prosit, der Gemuetlichkeit! Ein Prosit, ein Prosit, der Gemuetlichkeit!"

I think my spelling was right.

Or auf Hebrew: Lachaim! "To life!"

Spudman
July 5th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Or auf Hebrew: Lachaim! "To life!"

auf Hebrew? Now that's funny.:D lol

marnold
July 5th, 2007, 08:19 PM
auf Hebrew? Now that's funny.:D lol
This is what happens when you study multiple languages :)

Spudman
July 5th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Sayonara Amigos. Se es un dÃ*a largo und ich bin müde. :D