PDA

View Full Version : New Track

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 31st, 2006, 11:44 AM
Finally found a hosting site thats a no-brainer ..heres a basic demo track of one of our songs..this is a dry track no effects ..its called " D THANG" at this point ...what do ya think..

SuperSwede
January 31st, 2006, 11:52 AM
Wow! Good Song!

It sounds a bit like zeppelin/bon jovi..

Tim
January 31st, 2006, 12:26 PM
6S9L,

Some mighty good stuff from Bayou country. I particularly liked the part about the moon riding in the western sky. I felt like I was in the car traveling through a tree lined road next to the bayou. My imagination ran away with the song. Cool stuff.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 31st, 2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks Super for the link on that site , its super easy to upload to... thanks for the comments as well , that track is pretty dry with the vocals pushed way up front ... real drummer , no loops or drum machines ... 6S9L

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 31st, 2006, 12:33 PM
THANKS TIM, funny you say that about the bayou reference , as a group we realy dig southern rock , and love that sparse rock n roll sound like bad company and 70's rock ...i write all of the lyrics and i'm happy that the imagery comes through .. 6S9L

Tim
January 31st, 2006, 01:16 PM
Well if you want more specifics... in my mind’s eye I pictured me as the driver going down the road with my window opened. As I glanced up at the moon “in the western sky”, the moonlight was being broken by the passing trees along the bayou. Since I live in Florida I can really relate to that imagery. I think it was the guitar picking that help produce the “picked fence” scenario between the moon and the tress. Away I got lost in the song for a few minutes.

warren0728
January 31st, 2006, 01:20 PM
nice stuff 6S9L....is that you singing as well....brought me back to my high school days.....lots of southern rock from my neck of the woods....

ww

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 31st, 2006, 01:30 PM
Naaa Warren i'm the one pickin and grinnin , my vocals are purely backup and limited harmonys..2 guitars , bass , drums , ( gonna add some b3 to that track eventually ) the guy singin we call the camelion , he's been doin cover material so long he can literally sound like anyone , sounds best between 6-12 beer .. and has sounded heavenly after i've had above 12 ,,lol ..6S9L

Nelskie
January 31st, 2006, 08:21 PM
69SL - Is this one of the new songs you've been working on? I like it! Indeed, it has that really cool early Bad Co. vibe working, esp. with those isolated guitar fills. Cool.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 31st, 2006, 08:26 PM
HOLY CRAP JOHN MAYER LIKES MY MUSIC , I WONDER IF THAT MEANS I'M A BAD AZZ TOOO.....THAT PICTURE , TOOO GOOD ... JEEZ NELSKIE I THOUGHT YOU HAD HEARD THEM ALL.. NOW THAT I'VE GOT SOME HOSTING MOJO, I'LL PUT UP A FEW MORE ... 6s9l

Nelskie
January 31st, 2006, 08:37 PM
Ah yes, just havin' some fun with the JM thing. ;) Glad to hear that you found a host site for your stuff. Keep those tunes & links a-comin'!

Justaguyin_nc
January 31st, 2006, 09:03 PM
Nice one 6! Bon Jovi.. indeed!

SuperSwede
February 1st, 2006, 03:16 AM
6S9L, keep him on a high Beer Factor™ and continue to deliver this fine southern sound to us :D

Matt
February 1st, 2006, 01:18 PM
Again 6S9L, your music is fantastic. I agree with Superswede in that it sounds Bon Jovi'ish. All Fender tones again?

regards

Matt

Guitar-Chris
February 2nd, 2006, 12:15 PM
Again 6S9L, your music is fantastic. I agree with Superswede in that it sounds Bon Jovi'ish. All Fender tones again?

In this case i don't agree with you. It's definately not like Bon Jovi. It its way better. :R A little bit rougher an more like the end 60's / beginning 70's feeling.

Great music. :cool:

6STRINGS 9LIVES
February 3rd, 2006, 11:12 AM
THANKS FELLAS .. i'll pass it along to the rest of the firm.....6S9L

Tone2TheBone
February 3rd, 2006, 12:34 PM
Nicely done 6S9L. Bravo.

Spudman
February 3rd, 2006, 07:30 PM
6S9L

Very cool tune and nice arrangement. Things aren't cluttered. You can very clearly hear everything in the mix. Maybe you could put up some information on the recording thread about whether it was pro mastered, what was compressed, what amps or other input devices you used. Basically how it was done.

Nice!

6STRINGS 9LIVES
February 3rd, 2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks , TONE, SPUD , and everyone else for the kind words, glad you like that one .. that particular track was recorded on an 8 track cassette multi track recorder, i think it was a tascam , its basically just a demo , to get the arrangement worked out , if you listen you can hear the tape hiss. We record some stuff the old analog way as it is much quicker when we are working out parts and arrangements , there is no mastering , no compression , and basically no effects on that track, it was recorded in my basement using basic gear , shure sm57's for the guitars , the bass went di and also miced from an amp, rhode condensor for vocals and a drum mic kit , 57's ,421's d12e,and a couple of akg condensors for overhang , the guitar amps are all vintage stuff and that accounts for the decent tones .all of the signals were passed through a 24 channel soundcraft board then to the 8 track i mixed the tracks and dumped the analog out to digital on my pc .. supprisingly analog is still a good recording format, and its very easy to get decent results ... we have recorded some tracks using digital gear , "head of a pin" a track i posted earlier is an example of that .so basically on this recording there is not a lot of bells and whistles.we will go back and do a better recording at a later date , we just wanted to get the song down so as not to forget it really ..All the members of our group have know each other for over 25 years and have played together in different bands in the same area for all that time and in one band for about 5 years .. we get together sporaddically to socialize and write tunes or ideas we keep the best ideas and then get back together to work them up and record them , we have a blast As to the process of recording the "how it ws done " i'll put together a post of how the tracks are assembled and the process of mixing if anyone is interested .. i post another track this weekend , thanks again fellas ..6S9L