PDA

View Full Version : SX SST57 Stop Tail

Duff
July 8th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I can't believe I just ordered a strat copy with a stop tail instead of the traditional tremolo/whammy bar.

It might seem sacreligious but it was what I wanted to do.

It looks really cool and is powder blue. I will give a review on it when I get it and get it set up and worked out. I think it will be kind of neat to have a non whammy bar strat type guitar.

I'm thinking of putting it on a stand and leaving it plugged in so I can just jam with it at will. It was only one hundred dollars.

Any one else have one of these stop tail strat copies? Your feedback would be appreciated. Email me at mbolduc@@dejazzd.com if you like.

Thanks,

Duff
Winfield, Pa.

tot_Ou_tard
July 9th, 2007, 04:54 AM
I'd get one with a stop tail. I don't really use the tremolo (er,um vibrato) bar much.

Spudman
July 9th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Congrats Duff.

Shooot man, you are quickly catching up to the rest of us fretters in the gear department.

That sounds like a cool guitar. I've been wondering about them myself.

Big K
July 11th, 2007, 10:06 AM
have a 3-tone burst '57 stop tail.. nice tone wood and the sustain is incredable compared to the tremolo strat's / copies that I have played.... very pleased with the purchase and quality of the product received....

tremoloman
November 23rd, 2007, 08:13 AM
Duff,

Where is your review? I'm anxious to hear how the stop tail compares. Were your opinions the same as Big K's?