PDA

View Full Version : ?Live Earth and Concert for Diana?

Jimi75
July 9th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Hey folks,

I was happy to see that our German television aired the Concert for Diana and the Live Earth concert.

Unfortunately, both concert could not hold up to my expectations, some of the artists were really weak and uninspired and every young band would have given its right arm to play these stages.

The absolute highlights were Genesis, Metallica and John Frusciante the Red Hot Chili Pepper's guitarist. Man does he have equipment!!! Did anyone see that pedalboard? It must have been around 60 pedals on that thing! and the 62 Strat plus the 1959 Marshal Super Lead amp....everything original of course and no reissue.....god.....why?

Again I was given prove that Hip Hop doesn't belong in stadiums, don't know why, but a fat rock guitar still shakes the stadiums better than a taped beat out of the box.

I also found the audiences very weak and did not really appreciate what was going on.

Lev
July 9th, 2007, 07:15 AM
For me it was the younger bands that didn't cut it - Fall Out Boy for example. I thought the older guns really delivered
- Metallica
- Foo Fighters
- Police
- RHCP

SuperSwede
July 9th, 2007, 02:29 PM
I´ve been working a lot, but I did watch Spinal Tap! I guess that most of it will soon be available on youtube?

pie_man_25
July 10th, 2007, 12:45 PM
/\ I MISSED LIVE EARTH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

man, this sucks!

was it any good?