PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with this picture?

Justaguyin_nc
July 9th, 2007, 10:25 AM
I have about given up on this country...or should I say the politics and enforcement of our laws...

Any one of us here in America can walk a few blocks away and find drug dealers.. gang bangers.. child molesters... and the cops do nothing mainly because the courts do nothing...

Yet a woman 70 can be arrested for not watering her lawn and end up in a fight with a cop and get injured.. right or wrong on her part, laws or not.. why didn't this guy go bust a dope dealer or child peddler instead?

Killers are even allowed free in time... what are we thinking and allowing to go on any more?

Then in other states... water your lawn and get arrested..

Something is gonna happen eventually here in America's with our system of justice.. and will any of us really be sorry it does?

http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=70162

Viewing the video,she obviously is not in the high rent district.. nor has money to spare... this is just stupid... and getting more common.

marnold
July 9th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Be careful. While there certainly are flaws in the system, it is a major jump in logic to assume that the police everywhere are going from dealing with drug dealers to tormenting old women. The media is only interested in sensational stories that will get everyone's undies in a bundle. I'm not trying to defend whatever happened in this situation, but my point is let's not get carried away.

pes_laul
July 9th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I agree totaly back when back when my grand father was in the army he was in germany somewhere and he saw a guy crash on a motorcycle really bad he stopped to help him out and when the cops got there they were to busy trying to blame him for the crash that the man on the motor cycle died from blood loss the cops didnt even help him out

ShortBuSX
July 9th, 2007, 11:45 AM
I say its only a short matter of time before rage is on the rise again...only now it wont only be road related.

Spudman
July 9th, 2007, 06:05 PM
To quote the boys of Queensryche, "revolution calling.":cool:

Ya, all the cops in my town have about run all the old ladies out of town so now we can have a much better community of meth dealers and users. At least they water their grass. :rolleyes:

Man, I'm such a smart a**.

Marnold's right about the media though. I'm still glad that we hear about things like this so that the rest of us can keep perspective. Now if only the media would investigate why our executive branch of government is being so secretive.:p

R_of_G
July 9th, 2007, 06:29 PM
I saw that same story and just laughed and laughed and laughed because the only other option was to cry. Of all the underhanded nonsense law enforcement in this country pulls, this was the single most bizarre. Used to be you were safe on your own land, now you aren't safe unless you garden it properly? The founding fathers must be rolling in their graves, or laughing at us.:cool:

pie_man_25
July 10th, 2007, 08:46 AM
yeah, this is pretty bizarre.