PDA

View Full Version : Where in the world is Tone2TheBone?

SuperSwede
July 9th, 2007, 02:33 PM
I havent seen Mr. Jiron around for a while, I hope that he only is on vacation and that everything is alright with our favorite native savage!

ted s
July 9th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Native savage ?

Tim
July 9th, 2007, 04:43 PM
I havent seen Mr. Jiron around for a while, I hope that he only is on vacation and that everything is alright with our favorite native savage!

He's probably gone fishing. Normally if he is not posting … then his is pickin’. If is not doing either ... then it is safe to assume he has gone fishing up high in them there the mountains.

sunvalleylaw
July 9th, 2007, 05:29 PM
I got a PM from him Friday about mailing out my PUP I bought from him. I am pretty sure he has just been out for the weekend. He must have taken a long one though. He usually posts from work.

Spudman
July 9th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Gotta be fishing. :)
What else could keep him away from his good buddies?
I hope he sends us some fresh fish. yum yum

Robert
July 9th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Ya, I bet he's been standing in some creek for days trying to catch some trout!

Tone2TheBone
July 9th, 2007, 09:15 PM
I'm painting the kitchen! Some vacation!

Steve your pup was sent today. Been realllly busy this past weekend. It's sent though. Rest of you guys more to come later......:)

sunvalleylaw
July 9th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Good to see you back! Thanks on the mail update. No rush up here. It will take me a while before I have time to install, and have decided what all to install with it. Somehow standing in the river as we were guessing sounds better than the reality of it. ;-)

Spudman
July 9th, 2007, 10:12 PM

You know I used to do a lot of painting too. I was always on vacation then and it felt like I was fishing...but I never had a pole.;)

We all envy you I'm sure.:rolleyes:

Mark
July 9th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Painting...I love painting........ right up there with watching it dry.....Root canal...splinters.......the plague.......did I mention I love painting. Dont have too much fun there son!!

tot_Ou_tard
July 10th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Painting...I love painting........ right up there with watching it dry.....Root canal...splinters.......the plague.......did I mention I love painting. Dont have too much fun there son!!
I feel that way about fishin'...:D

Tim
July 10th, 2007, 07:45 AM
I painted the interior of my home about 7 months ago. What a pain in the neck, and arms, and back……….. I did my painting during the weekends. I do not do house repairs and such during vacation. I (we) normally get away for vacation time.

Well Tone, if you are painting the kitchen you could add some fish silhouettes to the walls. At least you will feel at home, or at least in the streams

Lev
July 10th, 2007, 07:52 AM

What Colour did you go for? Surf Green, Candy Apple Red, Sonic Blue?

pie_man_25
July 10th, 2007, 07:54 AM
/\ that's a good one! :D

It's good to have you back Tone!

sunvalleylaw
July 10th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Man, he has been painting hard! No breaks to check in with us here at all. Poor guy, he's working harder than he does at work!

jasongins
July 10th, 2007, 06:28 PM

That's funny. How about a 2-tone sunburst?

Spudman
July 10th, 2007, 06:56 PM
I hope the fumes haven't gotten to him.:eek:

Mark
July 10th, 2007, 07:31 PM
I wonder for the the kit wouldnt you want nitro then a little relicing? Get that Vintage kitchen look?

sunvalleylaw
July 10th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I wonder for the the kit wouldnt you want nitro then a little relicing? Get that Vintage kitchen look?

Don't forget to put the cabinet knobs in the direct sun a few days before putting them on.

You could get Nicholson to come over and hack at the doors some. :p

(Heeeerrrre's Johnny!)

sunvalleylaw
July 10th, 2007, 07:51 PM

That seriously is a good one. They have to have more than one kitchen appliance. I'd say Surf Green fridge, Candy Apple red toaster, Sonic Blue dishwasher, can we work Seafoam in somewhere?

I think I have seen 70's fridges in kind of a vintage burst!

warren0728
July 10th, 2007, 08:29 PM
the only reason to paint is for the fumes!! :D

ww

Spudman
July 10th, 2007, 10:23 PM
I think I have seen 70's fridges in kind of a vintage burst!

That was probably my stove in the Harvest Gold Sunburst with the chicken head knobs.

Tone2TheBone
July 10th, 2007, 11:53 PM
LMAO you guys are killing me...well the painting killed me but I'm just making small talk. ;)

Kitchen and laundryroom are DONE. Never paint 2 toned colors. Trust me. The taping is a &%$*#.

Ok yes I will be fishing from Friday on till Sunday and yeah I am on "vacation". The beginning of this vacation had me doing all the things I never had time to do (so many of you know about this). Anywho I'll be reporting as the remainder of my time goes along...wish me luck. It's nice to be missed. :)

SuperSwede
July 11th, 2007, 12:58 AM
LMAO you guys are killing me...well the painting killed me but I'm just making small talk. ;)

Kitchen and laundryroom are DONE. Never paint 2 toned colors. Trust me. The taping is a &%$*#.

Ok yes I will be fishing from Friday on till Sunday and yeah I am on "vacation". The beginning of this vacation had me doing all the things I never had time to do (so many of you know about this). Anywho I'll be reporting as the remainder of my time goes along...wish me luck. It's nice to be missed. :)

I´m glad to see that you are alive and well :)
Have a nice vacation!

Tone2TheBone
July 11th, 2007, 10:42 AM
I´m glad to see that you are alive and well :)
Have a nice vacation!

Will do Super Duper. I wish I had more time to reply to the relic'ing kitchen painting posts they were great ones! LMAO I just popped in for a minute. I was shaking from withdrawals. :eek:

Robert
July 11th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Will do Super Duper. I wish I had more time to reply to the relic'ing kitchen painting posts they were great ones! LMAO I just popped in for a minute. I was shaking from withdrawals. :eek:

I believe you - this place is like crack cocaine :DR !

pie_man_25
July 11th, 2007, 04:55 PM
/\, or possibly like garlic....

warren0728
July 11th, 2007, 06:51 PM
mmmmm.....garlic

ww

SuperSwede
July 12th, 2007, 02:11 AM
mmmmm.....garlic

ww

Garlic pancakes would probably be very tasty. Especially with bacon. I love bacon. Everything should come wrapped in bacon, even bacon.
MMmmm

pie_man_25
July 12th, 2007, 06:36 AM
/\yeah, bacon, the only thing better than bacon is, umm...
okay, I lied, so there is nothing better than bacon.

warren0728
July 12th, 2007, 07:05 AM
hmmmmmmm....roasted garlic and bacon pancakes....i'm off to the kitchen ;)

ww

Spudman
July 12th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Hmmmmm, this makes me think that there might be a market after all for my invention - bacon candy bites. There are 2 versions. Plain and peanut butter. Yuuumm!

pie_man_25
July 12th, 2007, 07:49 AM
/\ I like peanut butter!

SuperSwede
July 12th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Hmmmmm, this makes me think that there might be a market after all for my invention - bacon candy bites. There are 2 versions. Plain and peanut butter. Yuuumm!

Whats in the plain version?

Spudman
July 12th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Whats in the plain version?

Dude, you should sober up before posting. It's PLAIN!...bacon.:p

sunvalleylaw
July 12th, 2007, 12:28 PM
/\ I like peanut butter!

My Dad used to make toasted Peanut Butter and Bacon (crispy) sandwiches on saturdays. Sometimes with raisins. YUM!

SuperSwede
July 12th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Dude, you should sober up before posting. It's PLAIN!...bacon.:p

*Ahem* oh, THAT plain eh? I at least thought that the bacon would be covered in milk chocolate.

Spudman
July 12th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I at least thought that the bacon would be covered in milk chocolate.

What a great idea. Bar B Que at Tone's with bacon and chocolate after he gets back from fishing.

Better yet...bacon wrapped trout dipped in chocolate and stuffed with fried peanut butter.

SuperSwede
July 12th, 2007, 01:44 PM
What a great idea. Bar B Que at Tone's with bacon and chocolate after he gets back from fishing.

Better yet...bacon wrapped trout dipped in chocolate and stuffed with fried peanut butter.

Sounds yummy, but we´d better inform the local ER that they should be on standby in case someone actually eats that! :D

marnold
July 12th, 2007, 02:45 PM
bacon wrapped trout
This would make a superb band name. People would fall all over themselves trying to figure out the double endendre.

Spudman
July 12th, 2007, 04:41 PM
This would make a superb band name. People would fall all over themselves trying to figure out the double endendre.

"entendre." Minus 2 points for spelling, but it is a name that would lend itself to a double entendre. Not to mention...one heck of a nourishing great meal.

marnold
July 13th, 2007, 08:34 AM
"entendre." Minus 2 points for spelling, but it is a name that would lend itself to a double entendre. Not to mention...one heck of a nourishing great meal.
That's what I get for posting in a hurry. Mi speling getts iffie.

Tone2TheBone
July 16th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Ok I'm back. It's literally physically painful coming back to work after being gone so long. I wish I did not have to work.

Fishing was less than stellar. In fact it sucked. It was like some UFOs came down and beamed up all the fish in that river. I only caught one and even that one managed to break off my fly. My nephew and I fished it hard too. Cast to every seam, riffle, pool we found. Nothing. Not even a take. Fished dry flies on top...nymphs on the bottom...nothing. On the way back to NM we veered off the interstate and headed toward one of our favorite NM rivers to make up for the bad fishing. Caught fish in all the spots we always catch in. Nothing like being home.

SuperSwede
July 16th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Ok I'm back. It's literally physically painful coming back to work after being gone so long. I wish I did not have to work.

Fishing was less than stellar. In fact it sucked. It was like some UFOs came down and beamed up all the fish in that river. I only caught one and even that one managed to break off my fly. My nephew and I fished it hard too. Cast to every seam, riffle, pool we found. Nothing. Not even a take. Fished dry flies on top...nymphs on the bottom...nothing. On the way back to NM we veered off the interstate and headed toward one of our favorite NM rivers to make up for the bad fishing. Caught fish in all the spots we always catch in. Nothing like being home.

So your vacation is already over? Mine started today :cool:

Tone2TheBone
July 16th, 2007, 10:38 AM
So your vacation is already over? Mine started today :cool:

Yup I was gone for a week and a half. It was NICE. I didn't look at a clock the entire time.

Tim
July 16th, 2007, 10:49 AM

Take in a deep breath and Repeat after me ... RETIREMENT!

Tim
July 16th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Yup I was gone for a week and a half. It was NICE. I didn't look at a clock the entire time.

Yea I know. I haven't set my alarm for 4 months now. Actually, I get up without an alarm every morning. When I worked I use to sleep in on the weekends until 10:00 Am. Now I am up daily at 7:30 refreshed and ready to play guitar and read the Fret Net news. Life can be sweet!

Justaguyin_nc
July 16th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Welcome back tone... I been on vacation since December 7th.. sure is nice not looking at a clock... ok Tim, we rubbed it in enough...;)

nawwww....

Tim
July 16th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Welcome back tone... I been on vacation since December 7th.. sure is nice not looking at a clock... ok Tim, we rubbed it in enough...;)

nawwww....

I just thought Tone needed a reality check or a wake up call! (Ring Ring)

Tone2TheBone
July 16th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I got 9 more years to go before I can retire from my job. I'm just biding my time. :) All I can say is that you guys are lucky. I can't WAIT to retire! Thanks for the welcome back Justa!

Tim
July 16th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Hey Tone (and any others to whom this applies) the secret to a fast 9 years to retirement is to stay busy. That is what I did for the last 2 years. I was so busy my boss had to come by and tell me to take a break or that lunch time had already started. Unknown to him that I was reading and posting on the Fret Net, visiting guitar forum, visiting BBQ/Smokers forums and slowly filling out my retirement papers. Thankfully big brother (the IT) was a friend. I knew my job well enough that I had most of the days work already completed by 8:00 in the morning (I started at 5:30 AM). So my friend … stay busy, busy, busy. Oh yea, welcome back to the Fret Net.

marnold
July 16th, 2007, 01:05 PM
My grandfather once gave me some wise words when I was bemoaning how much more schooling I had to go through. I think I said something like, "I wish I could just fast-forward five years." He told me, "Don't wish your life away!" Truer words have never been spoken. Each stage in life has its own unique joys and challenges.

Reminds me of what Warren Zevon said when he was dying. He asked what piece of advice he'd like to pass along. He said, "Enjoy every sandwich."

Tone2TheBone
July 16th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Hey Tone (and any others to whom this applies) the secret to a fast 9 years to retirement is to stay busy. That is what I did for the last 2 years. I was so busy my boss had to come by and tell me to take a break or that lunch time had already started. Unknown to him that I was reading and posting on the Fret Net, visiting guitar forum, visiting BBQ/Smokers forums and slowly filling out my retirement papers. Thankfully big brother (the IT) was a friend. I knew my job well enough that I had most of the days work already completed by 8:00 in the morning (I started at 5:30 AM). So my friend … stay busy, busy, busy. Oh yea, welcome back to the Fret Net.

Thanks for the welcome Tim. That's more than my own boss at work gave me!

I pretty much generate my own work. I have tons of it that's for sure. I wasn't ready to adjust back to work mode so quickly but after this morning I'm back "into it" again.