PDA

View Full Version : Genuine DVM TS Clone For Sale!

duhvoodooman
July 10th, 2007, 08:12 AM
7/12 Update: SOLD!! Thanks for looking.....

Hey, Fretters! I recently ordered parts for several DIY pedals--some for sale and some for myself--and it's looking like one of the pedals I thought I had pre-sold doesn't have a buyer after all. It's my "Screamin' Banshee" model, which is based directly upon the legendary TS-808 circuit, with some notable improvements. Normally I sell these for $100 plus shipping (including insurance & delivery confirmation, a $10 value), but I'll sweeten the deal here by including the shipping in that price. Here's an updated description of the pedal, based upon a posting I made a few months ago when I sold one here:

================================================

Genuine TS-808 Vintage Tone at a Bargain Price!!

Looking for a genuine Tube Screamer overdrive pedal without the big price tag? Well, consider my Zonkin' Yellow Screamer's "little brother"--DVM's Screamin' Banshee! This pedal is built upon a faithful reproduction of the original TS-808 circuit design, so compare it directly to the Ibanez TS-808 reissue, which sells for $170! But for a mere C-note, you get all the vintage analog Tube Screamer tone, plus much more:

Honest-to-goodness true bypass - No funny semantics games here. When the pedal is off, it's circuitry is mechanically isolated from your signal path via the 3PDT stomp switch. Tone-sucking is a physical impossibility.
Flexibility - Instead of a "hard-wired" IC chip (a.k.a. "opamp"), the pedal has an IC socket and you get four compatible opamps with the pedal, including the JRC4558D used in the original TS-808, the popular TI RC4558P chip used by several "boo-teek" OD pedal makers, and a couple more to boot! Swap 'em in & out and see which one you like best!
Upgraded components - I've substituted better quality versions for several of the electronic components to give improved performance consistency and a lower noise baseline. Upgrades include the previously mentioned true-bypass stomp switch, 1% tolerance metal film resistors, and metallized PET film caps replacing the stock NP electrolytics.
Asymmetric signal clipping - This clipping mode is very popular in many of the boutique Screamer clones, and for good reason. By using different silicon diode arrangements for the positive and negative signal clipping, you get increased even-order harmonics that give a smoother, somewhat richer tone, often described as more "tube-like" and musical. Whatever you call it, it sure sounds good to me and I use this arrangement in my personal TS-808 clone.
Exclusivity - You won't find one of these on every other pedalboard you look at! Check out the vintage green color and custom decaling in the graphical image posted below. Click on the attachment to see the pedal mock-up at actual size (@ 1280x1024 screen resolution).
Hand-built workmanship & attention to quality - No cookie-cutter production line knockoff here. Every single solder point done by hand and individually checked. And, of course, I do a full functionality test on the finished pedal, using my favorite SRV tunes! :DR
Powered via 9V adapter or battery (not included). The pedal will be completed & shipped within two weeks of receipt of payment. Shipment by US Priority Mail.

Price: $100 including shipping anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Payment by PayPal or money order only. Contact me by PM if you're interested!

warren0728
July 10th, 2007, 09:30 AM
i'm still holding out for the ZYS....once i get this whole divorce thingie behind me i anticipate having some GAS....course all my money will be gone :eek: !!

ww