PDA

View Full Version : the new harry potter movie

pie_man_25
July 12th, 2007, 07:57 AM
this thread is about the new harry potter movie, which I went to see yesterday, let's keep in mind that I don't care for harry and was forced by my sister to see said movie dressed up as one of the characters. I had to wake up early to get to the theatre just to be the first ones there, nobody else came for about two hours, and the theatre wasn't open for about three, the next family to come involved the parents a girl dressed up as a character of about twelve years old, and a good looking girl about my age sunk into a book sitting in between her parents, what luck, I finally grow the balls to talk top a girl and the next one I meet for weeks is stuck in between her parents reading a book!!! WTF will I ever get one? On the bright side, I talked to her parents about fine literature such as "the idiot" and "the screwtape letters that I haven't managed to have in a while. The movie itself pretty much sucked to me and I had a really bad time. Oh well, at least I got to tape the documentary about Les Paul!

how did you guys think of the movie?

warren0728
July 12th, 2007, 08:02 AM
i'll wait till it is out on dvd......

ww

WackyT
July 12th, 2007, 08:17 AM
i'll wait till it is out on dvd......

ww

Ditto.

Iago
July 12th, 2007, 09:08 AM
That reminds me when I went watch The Lord of the Rings first movie hehehe

Spudman
July 12th, 2007, 12:45 PM
The girls just left the house to go see it. I'm waiting for the home release.

ted s
July 12th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Dude.. you don't like Harry Potter but your sister forced you to go dressed up as a character ??

You sure about that, it's ok, we'll be gentle.. ;)

sunvalleylaw
July 12th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I'll probably go see it. It might come to the SV Opera house where I can maybe get in free. Even if not, I'll pay and see it anyway. I can have my oil can worth of Fosters and sit back and enjoy!

warren0728
July 12th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Dude.. you don't like Harry Potter but your sister forced you to go dressed up as a character ??

lmao :D ;) :D

of course his sister could be a real bad a$$!! :eek:

ww

Bloozcat
July 12th, 2007, 04:28 PM
OK pie_man_, two questions:

How old is your sister?

If she's of "legal age", does she have any hot friends? 'Cause she owes you buddy, big time....;)

pie_man_25
July 13th, 2007, 11:17 AM
OK pie_man_, two questions:

How old is you sister?

If she's of "legal age", does she have any hot friends? 'Cause she owes you buddy, big time....;)

she's 18, but doesn't have any hot friends, which sucks.

pie_man_25
July 13th, 2007, 11:23 AM

yeah, she forced me!

here's what happened,

I was looking through a t-shirt stand for a good one for like $10, just a plain shirt, but then I saw it! A kick-a$$ RUSH T-shirt for $20, but I only had $15, basically I ran to my sister and said "OMFG sis I NEED to borrow $10, I'll do anything!", and of course, I OWED her, and you don't want to owe someone bigger than you with friends bigger than them! so of course, I knew I would regret it, but I agreed to her terms and I went, but I wore the rush shirt underneath the costume, which was just a trenchcoat!

ted s
July 13th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Ok, Rush involvement.. say no more, you are understood.

Tone2TheBone
July 16th, 2007, 09:13 AM
We saw it while we were on vacation and we really liked it. The kids are huge HP fans anyway. The story was good and entertaining and it was just about the right length as far as movies go (2:18).

pie_man_25
July 17th, 2007, 07:19 AM
/\ I'm not a big harry potter fan, just too much ripping off of other stuff, but also, when you think of it fiction is a requested lie, rather than an accepted one, so really you get the chance to choose your illusion. In a sense, but man, I can't believe the girl I saw reading the book, sitting RIGHT there between her parents just like " oh look at me, I'm all hot and stuff but I'm reading a book and sitting right between my parents so I can't talk to you!!"
WTFFFFFFLMAO!!!! Justwhen I get the balls, and the first girl I see in weeks and shes reading a book!!

Spudman
July 17th, 2007, 07:34 AM
WTFFFFFFLMAO!!!! Justwhen I get the balls, and the first girl I see in weeks and shes reading a book!!

Ya, you'll want to be sure to stay away from intelligent literate women. Nothing but trouble. They are the ones that go out and get jobs all by themselves and support themselves and even put money in the bank. Nothing but trouble for sure. :rolleyes:

Our family is taking turns reading "The Goblet Of Fire" out loud each evening. It's fun.

Tone2TheBone
July 17th, 2007, 08:41 AM
....Our family is taking turns reading "The Goblet Of Fire" out loud each evening. It's fun.

Hmmmmm in an adult and corny sorta way that sounds kinda cool. (Did I just say that?) Seriously family time like that would be kinda swell.......man I'm getting old.

Tim
July 17th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Pieman - Listen to Supdman. The intelligent women are dangerous and must always be in control. Unless of course, you like dominating woman. If this is the case then maybe the costume you where wearing might have been the wrong kind. It’s all in the timing. All women are moody and you have to learn what mood they are in. Study the ones close to you. BTW. What costume were you wearing??

duhvoodooman
July 17th, 2007, 10:02 AM
You guys are gonna get this poor kid KILLED!! ;) :D

pie_man_25
July 17th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Pieman - Listen to Supdman. The intelligent women are dangerous and must always be in control. Unless of course, you like dominating woman. If this is the case then maybe the costume you where wearing might have been the wrong kind. It’s all in the timing. All women are moody and you have to learn what mood they are in. Study the ones close to you. BTW. What costume were you wearing??

man, you guys are HILARIOUS! But I never thought of smart women being bad, I find it a good thing because then she can actually understand what I'm talking about half the time, I just don't like the chics that say dumb stuff like "does water burn?" or "don't ask me, I'm just a girl!", that pisses me off.
I was supposed to be haggrid, but I just had a trenchcoat and an umbrella, the funny thing is that all the pockets were full of candy, coke, etc. and they were checking everybodies bags, but they didn't check the one shady guy in the trenchcoat with the stuffed pockets!!

pie_man_25
July 17th, 2007, 01:40 PM
You guys are gonna get this poor kid KILLED!! ;) :D

yeah, but as shakespeare said "'tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all!"

ted s
July 17th, 2007, 02:28 PM
You went as Merl Haggrid ? That country dude's in that movie ?

pie_man_25
July 18th, 2007, 07:17 AM
/\ I don't know, like I've said before, I don't like herry potter, I went as the half-giant guy with the big beard.

Tone2TheBone
July 18th, 2007, 08:55 AM
You went as Merl Haggrid ? That country dude's in that movie ?

hahahahaha