PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Univibe Test-MP3

Jimi75
July 12th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Okay, as last time I had to use the built in Line6 Univibe, but I promised to make a clip with my Dunlop Univibe that I bought around 1997.

Today was the day and I went into the basement to get it off my pedalboard that now only consists of a Fender Tuner :-(

Okay, there is three knobs on this thing whcih is speed, volume and intensity. You got two effects, but the one is pretty unuseful so I just put it on Vibrato mode which is the typical Vibe sound we all know. I left the footcontroller downstairs and at the end of the clip I switch the tempo manually. To get this effect really going you have to put volume on 10 (soundsucker) and intensity on 10, too. Speed is up to you - I put it on 8 approximately.

The pedal is built like a tank, very solid, but it sucks some sound, which is because it has no true bypass. It gets kind of noisyat times especially with the Fuzz. You can and should not use it with high gain sounds and I think there is better Vibe pedals out there, although this one is very sweet sounding. Just listen to the clip, I pick out a song called "Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)" which I hope most of you know so you have a good chance to compare to the original. It's pretty close soundwise of course.

Leave a comment, or just listen to the clip closely and get some GAS or even NO GAS :-)

http://www.box.net/shared/7ex9q3peaq

Greetz
Jimi75

Justaguyin_nc
July 13th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Ahhh..the Univibe SC... I gots one of those..someplace.. sigh.. that was one of my last three orders at Musiciansfriend that went bad.. been waiting a few weeks to get it back.. Felt built like a tank... but... sigh.... DOA when got it.. between this one and my Epi head that was a DOA repack I think I am gonna pass on MF for awhile and try a few others...

Started another thread on them a few below this one... chorus/vibrato/flanger/phaser... whatever these things are.. SWEEEET needs to be added to the name...;)

Robert
July 13th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Great sound Jimi. You played a really nice "Jimi-style" there. I think you have the soul of Jimi in you.

I've been thinking about getting a good vibe pedal, although I doubt it would get much use. I'd better stick to my Danelectro Chicken Salad for a while.

LagrangeCalvert
July 14th, 2007, 09:41 PM
You hit the jimi sound square on the head....and I like it a lot....sounds good.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

Jimi75
July 15th, 2007, 06:14 AM
You hit the jimi sound square on the head....and I like it a lot....sounds good.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

No problem, please don't hesitate to ask me such questions....

I have bought the unit for approx. 240 USD plus approx. 65 USD for the Footcontroller.

sunvalleylaw
July 15th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Nice sounds Jimi! As a beginner, I find using a even a wah so that it is musically pleasing is still a challenge. I am impressed with your ability to incorporate these adventurous sounds into your excellent playing.

Big K
July 21st, 2007, 10:30 AM
great cover of a great song....... you nailed it....