PDA

View Full Version : Jazz / Blues lick video lesson!

Robert
July 14th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Here's new video lesson. It's a Jazz or Blues lick video lesson (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_video_lessons/lesson-56.php), depending on how you want to look at it. I am trying a new thing here by adding the tab image to the video itself.

Let me know what you think!

Tim
July 14th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Now that my friend is a good lesson. You showed everything that you did close up. The slow motion really helps a lot. The rhythm and scale was done very well also.

Maybe the next lesson will be the next chord progression and the scale that goes with it ... and so on.

Thanks Robert.

Jimi75
July 14th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Hey Rob,

The tab is very helpful, you should keep that for more complicated licks like that one.

Thank you for that lesson, I am constabtly looking for such chromatic jazzy licks, but I must admit that I am not that invenitve to come up with such ideas! Great lesson that will help me expand my repertoir and work with that lick in every position on the neck.

sunvalleylaw
July 15th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Really great! Thanks! I am very grateful that you share so freely your fine playing and instructional skills with us. You have a very nice way of explaining things that is very undestandable and unintimidating. Thanks!

250Keith
July 15th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Nice! I always like your lessons.
Thanks.

Justaguyin_nc
July 15th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Excellent job Robert.. really liked the first seven notes in the run.. liked the rhythm and the reminder to just move up or down the neck for other chords... the tab worked great either backing it up or pausing on it for practice....best yet.

Oh, and the sound on this clip... was excellent.. that blue fender needs to be played more and more...;)

Robert
July 15th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks guys! The video quality on this one may be better because I captured the video in higher quality, now that I have a 500 GB hard drive for storage (I didn't have enough disc space before). I used the Vox AD50VT on the Tweed 4x10 model for this clip.